Instructor - Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant
Baylor College of Medicine
Job posting number: #7122390 (Ref:14621-en_US)
Posted: January 30, 2023
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Provides advanced nursing care to patients in a clinical setting in an area of specialization under the direction of a physician.
- Obtain detailed history and perform physical examinations.
- Perform, order, and interpret diagnostic procedures in accordance with relevant health concerns of the patient.
- Prescribes appropriate pharmacological and non-pharmacological treatments.
- Maintain records and write orders and progress notes in patient charts as to status, treatments, and procedures.
- Monitors and ensures accuracy of recording on patient medical records.
- Provide follow-up health maintenance care to patients in accordance with protocols established with the supervising physician.
- Communicate with physicians, patients, and the family members of patients concerning patient care.
- Collaborates with providers, and practice staff in identifying appropriate patients for care management.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- Nurse Practitioner: Master's degree in in Nursing.
- Physician Assistant: Master's degree in Physician Assistant Studies. NOTE: Bachelor's degree in Physician Assistant Studies accepted based on terminal degree requirements at time of graduation.
- Nurse Practitioner: Current license as a Registered Nurse (RN) by the State of Texas Board of Nursing. Current Texas Licensure as an Advanced Practice Nurse (APRN-NP), and specialty certification as required by department.
- Physician Assistant: Current license as a Physician Assistant by the State of Texas Physician Assistant Board. Specialty certification as required by department.
- Experience Required: None Required
Baylor College of Medicine requires employees to be fully vaccinated -subject to approved exemptions-against vaccine-preventable diseases including, but not limited to, COVID-19 and influenza.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
Baylor College of Medicine fosters diversity among its students, trainees, faculty and staff as a prerequisite to accomplishing our institutional mission, and setting standards for excellence in training healthcare providers and biomedical scientists, promoting scientific innovation, and providing patient-centered care. - Diversity, respect, and inclusiveness create an environment that is conducive to academic excellence, and strengthens our institution by increasing talent, encouraging creativity, and ensuring a broader perspective. - Diversity helps position Baylor to reduce disparities in health and healthcare access and to better address the needs of the community we serve. - Baylor is committed to recruiting and retaining outstanding students, trainees, faculty and staff from diverse backgrounds by providing a welcoming, supportive learning environment for all members of the Baylor community.