Research Coordinator III - Pediatric Anesthesiology
Baylor College of Medicine
Job posting number: #7122980 (Ref:14591-en_US)
Posted: February 4, 2023
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
The Research Coordinator III coordinates day to day activities of clinical research protocols which include screening, enrollment, and monitoring of research participants in the Pediatric Anesthesiology Department at Texas Children's Hospital. This role includes collecting and entering data, assisting with patient recruitment and enrollment, and sample collection, processing and shipping. In addition, the position ensures accurate documentation, organization, and safety of research participants within the needs of the protocol and monitors for regulatory compliance.
- Coordinates day to day activities of clinical research protocols.
- Ensures accurate data collection, documentation, organization and safety of research participants.
- Screens all new outpatients and inpatients for study enrollment.
- Enrolls patient and control subjects.
- Obtains informed consent for appropriate studies.
- Scans, imports, and files research consent forms into department files.
- Notifies other research staff of patient enrollment, as needed.
- Ensures regulatory compliance for study protocols and informed consent process.
- Captures and enters subject data throughout enrollment, including during follow-up phase.
- Maintains life cycle of protocol (initial submission, amendments, annual reviews, closure, AE submission)
- Drafts and review data for entry into annual meetings and conferences.
- Creates, edits and prints posters and media for annual meetings and conferences.
- Orients and/or train less experienced research staff.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field. Four years of related experience may substitute for degree requirement.
- Two years of relevant experience.
- SoCRA CCRP or ACRP CCRC preferred
Baylor College of Medicine requires employees to be fully vaccinated -subject to approved exemptions-against vaccine-preventable diseases including, but not limited to, COVID-19 and influenza.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
Baylor College of Medicine fosters diversity among its students, trainees, faculty and staff as a prerequisite to accomplishing our institutional mission, and setting standards for excellence in training healthcare providers and biomedical scientists, promoting scientific innovation, and providing patient-centered care. - Diversity, respect, and inclusiveness create an environment that is conducive to academic excellence, and strengthens our institution by increasing talent, encouraging creativity, and ensuring a broader perspective. - Diversity helps position Baylor to reduce disparities in health and healthcare access and to better address the needs of the community we serve. - Baylor is committed to recruiting and retaining outstanding students, trainees, faculty and staff from diverse backgrounds by providing a welcoming, supportive learning environment for all members of the Baylor community.