Laboratory Technician - Nights, starting pay $18.75/hr
Job posting number: #7123050 (Ref:ccf17743895)
Posted: February 3, 2023
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
The Pre Analytics Processing Technician II will accession and manually process laboratory specimens. The Technician is expected to perform daily quality assurance activities and routine maintenance of equipment. The Technician must be able to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Receives and accession specimens into the LIS (Lab Information System).
- Prepares specimens for analysis.
- Performs manual processing (centrifuge, aliquoting, and routine maintenance)
- Performs problem solving functions and is responsible for advanced problem solving/ issue resolution
- Assumes compliance with basic regulations (temperature monitoring)
- Performs QA activities (pending log audit)
- All duties of the Laboratory Processing Technician I to include:
- Retrieves, sorts, tracks and delivers specimens.
- Verifies specimen receipt in the lab.
- Uses tracking software/devices.
- Complies with safety SOP & regulations.
- Maintains appropriate documentation.
- Performs basic clerical functions (answer phone, etc.)
- Communicates and documents essential information.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma/GED required.
- Associate’s degree preferred (preferably in Science)
- None required
Complexity of Work:
- Requires troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
- Requires strong organizational and time management skills.
- Must be able to work independently and with minimal supervision
- One year lab experience required.
- Associate’s degree (or equivalent credit hours) can offset up to one year of experience.
- Manual dexterity to perform specimen handling techniques and to take measurements
- May require extended periods of standing, walking and/or sitting.
- Handles and transports bio hazardous materials.
- Visual acuity, including the ability to distinguish colors.
- Must have normal or corrected vision.
- Must be able to lift and/or carry up to 25 pounds.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective equipment as defined in the exposure control plan.
#pre-analytics processing tech, lab, laboratory technician, lab tech, science, pre-analytics processing technician, laboratory, specimen transporter, specimen collection
By embracing and understanding the diversity EVERY ONE brings, Cleveland Clinic has created an inclusive culture that promotes innovation, growth, and new ideas. This has enhanced our ability to attract the best global talent to provide the best patient experience possible. Cleveland Clinic is pleased to be an equal employment/affirmative action employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. Smoke/drug free environment.