Research Assistant Professor of Chemical Engineering
Job posting number: #7123472 (Ref:if108920)
Posted: February 6, 2023
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
The School of Chemical, Biological and Materials Engineering (CBME) at the University of Oklahoma seeks applications for a full-time rank renewable research assistant professor with a starting date as soon as possible. The CBME school encourages applicants from all interested and qualified parties.
The successful candidate will lead the implementation, operations, and ongoing instructional activities of OU College of Engineering’s funded Biopharmaceutical Manufacturing research and educational facility. The successful candidate will be responsible for establishing the OU Biomanufacturing Core Facility, ordering and setting up the needed equipment, and designing a laboratory curriculum for industrial and academic students in order to support workforce development in the Oklahoma City area in the biopharmaceutical manufacturing space. The successful candidate will also lead independent and collaborative research programs in biopharmaceutical manufacturing including cell culture, purification, separation, process design, and operation. We welcome applicants who have an interest and are motivated to develop and lead instructional and research programs that are integral to furthering our welcoming community.
- Ph.D. degree or equivalent post-graduate experience in chemical engineering or related field.
- Hands-on research and operational experience in the area of biopharmaceutical manufacturing and laboratory (or larger scale) process development.
- Understanding of biopharmaceutical processes, unit operations, equipment, and technology (including cell culture, separations, purification, and process monitoring).
- Undergraduate instruction or equivalent experience in training.
- Ability to build collaborative teaching and research teams.
Preferences (Not Required)
- University laboratory teaching experience in the area of biopharmaceutical manufacturing.
- Experience in or with the biopharmaceutical manufacturing industry.
- Understanding of emerging technologies in the biopharmaceutical industry
Applicants are invited to submit the following: http://apply.interfolio.com/118898.
1. A comprehensive cover letter not to exceed 3 pages. The cover letter may address examples of how the candidate meets the required and preferred qualifications and their approach to building and working in inclusive teams
2. A current CV.
3. Three letters of recommendation.
The search committee will begin reviewing applications on Feb. 20, 2023. For full consideration, applications should be received by February 17, 2023, although the position will remain open until filled.
Inquiries should be directed to the Director of CBME, Professor Dimitrios Papavassiliou at [email protected].