APRN / PA-C - Hematopathology - Procedural - Full-Time
H. Lee Moffitt Cancer Center
Job posting number: #7127862 (Ref:hlj_43809)
Posted: March 13, 2023
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Physician Assistant (PA-C)/ Nurse Practitioner (APRN) Hematopathology Department (procedural) - full-time
The Physician Assistant (PA-C) or Nurse Practitioner (APRN) is based in the Hematopathology section supporting the procedural suites and provides patient care under the auspices of the Moffitt Medical Group (MMG), serving as member of the academic medical enterprise; advancing the institutional mission of contributing to the prevention and cure of cancer.
Assists physicians with the evaluation, management and treatment of patients under the care of predominantly malignant hematology and bone marrow transplant programs. These patients have ongoing medical conditions, procedures and co-morbidities. This position works within a defined scope of practice and under the authority of supervising physician(s) or by specific protocol (s). On a continuous basis, the position supports the procedural suites performing bone marrow aspirate and biopsy procedures.
The Ideal Candidate
Clinical professional who demonstrates a passion for our mission, and who takes pride in delivering world-class patient care in a collaborative, fast-paced learning environment.
Demonstrates a lead-by-example approach, the successful candidate will be a superior communicator, an engaged team member, and a knowledgeable, patient focused provider.
- Provides patient care as a member of an interdisciplinary team, working with different Providers to coordinate and optimize patient care
- Performs bone marrow aspirates/biopsies under local anesthesia, or by monitored anesthesia care (MAC) with the assistance of a licensed Anesthesia provider. Dictates operative reports. Assists in the management of the patient in the recovery area.
- Prescribes oral and IV medications when appropriate, within the scope of practice.
- Documents patient care in accordance with medical staff rules.
- Supervision of trainees
The PA/APRN must have the ability to work independently and lead others within their scope of practice. The position hours are day shift but could extend to meet the needs of patients and services. The PA/APRN must be able to work a flexible schedule.
Requirements / Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree at minimum; master's degree preferred.
- Graduate of an accredited Physician Assistant or Advanced Registered Nurse program.
- Active FL medical license (or the ability to obtain one) and certification by the appropriate accreditation body.
- Active BLS and ACLS.
- Experience in oncology or general internal medicine.
- Procedural experience in performing bone marrow biopsies or other procedural/surgical techniques in a surgical or outpatient environment is preferred. Additional training will be provided as needed.
Mission To create a Moffitt culture of diversity and inclusion as we strive to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Vision Moffitt Cancer Center is recognized as the model wherein the diversity of our employees and communities is valued and supported as essential components to contributing to the prevention and cure of cancer. The cancer center is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of the cancer center to prohibit unlawful discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to workforce members and applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, disability, genetic information, veteran’s status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.