Baylor College of Medicine
Job posting number: #7128043 (Ref:15069-en_US)
Posted: March 15, 2023
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Performs daily mixing of drugs. Orders and maintains drug inventory and supplies. Performs other clerical/administrative functions as necessary in the pharmacy. The ideal candidate will have good communication skills, able to work in a fast paced environment and must be able to stand for long periods of time to mix medication.
- Mixes drugs in accordance with pharmacy regulations.
- Assist and order supply inventory needed for the pharmacy.
- Establishes inventory processes and record maintenance for drug delivery and dispensing.
- Collaborates with nursing staff on patient treatment schedules.
- Follows all safety and biohazard procedures in the disposal of medical waste.
- High school diploma or GED.
- One year of relevant experience.
- Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPhT) by the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB).
- Registration with Texas State Board of Pharmacy (TSBP).
Baylor College of Medicine requires employees to be fully vaccinated -subject to approved exemptions-against vaccine-preventable diseases including, but not limited to, COVID-19 and influenza.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
Baylor College of Medicine fosters diversity among its students, trainees, faculty and staff as a prerequisite to accomplishing our institutional mission, and setting standards for excellence in training healthcare providers and biomedical scientists, promoting scientific innovation, and providing patient-centered care. - Diversity, respect, and inclusiveness create an environment that is conducive to academic excellence, and strengthens our institution by increasing talent, encouraging creativity, and ensuring a broader perspective. - Diversity helps position Baylor to reduce disparities in health and healthcare access and to better address the needs of the community we serve. - Baylor is committed to recruiting and retaining outstanding students, trainees, faculty and staff from diverse backgrounds by providing a welcoming, supportive learning environment for all members of the Baylor community.