Cellular Systems Performance Analysis Engineer
San Diego, CA
Job posting number: #7134467 (Ref:apl-200469007)
Posted: March 14, 2023
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Are you a fearless thinker? Do you love the challenge of advancing a widely accepted technology? In the Wireless Software group, you’ll be responsible for bringing groundbreaking wireless connectivity to the world through Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, GPS, and more. You’ll design, develop, and patent the next generation of our state-of-the art connectivity technologies. You’ll collaborate across departments to help craft wireless solutions that elevate the customer experience with Apple products and services. Our goal is to ensure nothing stands in the way of our customers’ connections with their devices. If you join us, you’ll help build world-renowned wireless systems so seamless that they almost feel like magic.
- At least 3-8 years hands on experience with in system engineering/system performance analysis role
- Deep knowledge of 5G and LTE PHY/MAC/Protocol stack, TCP/IP
- Strong scripting experience (Python preferred, Perl) and debugging
- SW development and system design experience is a great plus.
- Knowledge of IOT protocols such as IEEE 802.15.4, Bluetooth, Zigbee or Thread Mesh is a plus.
- Home automation experience is a plus (Bluetooth, Zigbee, z-Wave, Thread Mesh)
- Highly motivated and self-directed
- Excellent debugging skills
- Solid understanding of 3GPP standards
- Thrive in a collaborative environment and can clearly communicate while confidently driving multiple projects across many teams.
- Obsessively passionate and inquisitive, and seek to solve everyday problems in innovative ways.
- Laser-focused on the smallest details that are meaningful to our customers.
Apple’s Cellular Systems Analysis team is seeking talented, highly motivated and disciplined engineers to work across layers on groundbreaking cellular technologies. You will be responsible for analyzing performance issues and driving Protocol/RF/L1 architectural improvements for future Apple cellular product lines with emphasis on improving the overall user experience in terms of performance. We expect you to be hands relying upon diagnostics, analytics, crowd sourced information, lab/field log analysis as well as code/architecture review to exploit the opportunities for improvement. You will be working cross functionally with platform architecture, standardization, firmware/protocol development, system test, Field Test, QA and carrier engineering teams to drive the enhancement proposals from concept to commercialization. Development of advanced system evaluation and debugging capabilities are required on an as needed basis. As part of this team you will impact iPhone user experience worldwide.
Education & Experience
Bachelors or Masters in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science or equivalent.
Pay & Benefits