H. Lee Moffitt Cancer Center
Job posting number: #7135124 (Ref:hlj_43964)
Posted: March 20, 2023
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
- Performs ultrasound examinations on selected portions of the anatomy as requested by the clinician on patients based on age appropriateness.
- Performs a variety of ultrasound procedures with the knowledge and ability to obtain a quality diagnostic examination.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Will have a working knowledge of anatomy and an understanding of pathology, which affect the quality of the ultrasound procedure.
- Has good interpersonal and computer skills.
- Complete the required calibration and understand the Quality Assurance guidelines for equipment.
- Must be competent in performing all Ultrasound exams and knowledgeable on the usage of all equipment.
- Able to understand and apply correct billing charges per exam.
- Coordinate work flow and patient schedules.
- Maintain proper supplies to function on a day to day basis.
Credentials and Qualifications:
- Graduate of a Committee of Allied Health Education and AMA accredited Ultrasound program or the equivalent is required.
- 2 years previous Ultrasound experience required.
- American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (ARDMS) or registry eligible (must obtain within 1 year of hire) is required.
- Current BLS required.
Mission To create a Moﬃtt culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion as we strive to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Vision To advance and accelerate a culture of access, equity, and inclusion. Diversity is a priority at Moffitt and is meant "to promote a culture of diversity and inclusion as we contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer." The Enterprise Equity Department focuses its efforts on eliminating those obstacles to an individual’s ability to exist within their personal comfort zone at the cancer center. Everyone is important to meeting this priority. Addressing and responding to diversity and inclusion fosters an environment where mutual respect for diverse cultures, communication styles, languages, customs, beliefs, values, traditions, experiences and other ways in which we identify ourselves, is the expectation.