ONCOLOGY PHARM TECH COORDINATOR
H. Lee Moffitt Cancer Center
Job posting number: #7136123 (Ref:hlj_44074)
Posted: March 24, 2023
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Moffitt McKinley Hospital, opening July 2023.
Moffitt’s new 10-story hospital that will expand state-of-the-art surgical services for the thousands of patients needing highly complex surgeries and related inpatient care each year.
McKinley Hospital features Outpatient surgical and diagnostic imaging programs complementing our current outpatient surgical practice at the Richard M. Schulze Family Foundation Outpatient Center across the street and our inpatient and clinical operations on the Magnolia campus. Opening the surgical hospital directly impacts Moffitt’s ability to expand services at our Magnolia campus, alleviates space constraints for patient care and opens up more space for vital cancer research.
Together, we will provide patients and families with a wide range of sophisticated services and comforting spaces in addition to those provided at the nearby founding campus.
- The Oncology Pharmacy Technician Coordinator, under supervision of a licensed pharmacist will complete tasks and duties that include but are not limited to: initiating or receiving communications with patient provider team members to facilitate patient care, assisting in patient appointment review, medical records review, treatment authorization review, processing of treatment orders, including investigational medications utilized in clinical trials in compliance with policies and procedures set forth by the Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) and Good Clinical Practice (GCP) guidelines.
- Help evaluate competency of trainees and students.
- Assist in keeping pharmacy operations compliant with local, state, and federal regulatory processes and/or policies.
The Ideal Candidate
- Experience with Cerner Systems EHR
- Experience with Pyxis ES systems
- Oncology and/or Investigational Pharmacy experience
- Prior interdepartmental coordination experience
redentials and Qualifications:
- Associates degree in one of the following fields of study: Pharmacy Management, Business Medical Assisting, Communications, Health Information Technology, Accounting, Finance or related field.
- 3 years as a Registered Pharmacy Technician.
- 3 years experience with unit dose, pharmacy orders and inventory computer systems.
- 3 years experience Pharmacy Automation software and equipment and adequate navigation of EHR systems.
- 3 years experience with preparation of sterile intravenous medications including hazardous medications and/or investigational medications used the treatment of cancer with competent understanding of current USP clean room standards and GCP practice guidelines and/or 3 years experience with inventory management of investigational medications.
Mission To create a Moﬃtt culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion as we strive to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Vision To advance and accelerate a culture of access, equity, and inclusion. Diversity is a priority at Moffitt and is meant "to promote a culture of diversity and inclusion as we contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer." The Enterprise Equity Department focuses its efforts on eliminating those obstacles to an individual’s ability to exist within their personal comfort zone at the cancer center. Everyone is important to meeting this priority. Addressing and responding to diversity and inclusion fosters an environment where mutual respect for diverse cultures, communication styles, languages, customs, beliefs, values, traditions, experiences and other ways in which we identify ourselves, is the expectation.