VIRTUAL CARE COORDINATOR
H. Lee Moffitt Cancer Center
Job posting number: #7136126 (Ref:hlj_44071)
Posted: March 24, 2023
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
The Virtual Care Coordinator (VCC) is the face of telemedicine at Moffitt. This role is the first step in getting patients connected to virtual oncology care. VCCs gather patient information and work closely with clinics to coordinate care. VCCs are educators that help patients prepare, troubleshoot and complete registration requirements. Candidates must excel in customer service and be patient focused.
- Communicate proficiently and effectively with patients and caregivers demonstrating knowledge and digital literacy.
- Troubleshoot, assess technical challenges and assist with download of virtual health client on a variety of devices (such as computers and mobile devices).
- Provide detailed, step-by-step technical support and ensure they can successfully navigate and utilize the virtual health portfolio of services.
- Demonstrate confidence and technical understanding of systems and workflows.
- Manipulate appointments in Capstone to enter and review modifications and scheduling of virtual care.
- Resend and create calendared appointments for virtual care.
- Assess situations to provide appropriate technical and process solutions for patients and caregivers.
- Respond to needs of the caller according to department protocols, resolving a majority of inquiries without transfer or escalation.
- Transfer/escalate situations when appropriate with accurate information utilizing resources to resolve inquiries within the scope of the department.
- Follow up on messages to ensure they were received and handled to satisfactory completion or escalating to management when appropriate.
- Perform outbound calls to patients and caregivers to offer proactive technical support for virtual health.
- Provide pro-active outreach to prioritized users with detailed, step-by-step technical support.
- Develop a thorough understanding of policies and exercise appropriate judgment to handle situations outside of standard protocols.
- Facilitate patient flow for an optimal experience.
- Reviews records, assists with patient consent, initial patient screening and virtual health visits.
- Prepare and maintain registration information.
- Troubleshoot and assist patients to ensure a successful connection.
- Provides support to the provider and assigned clinic.
- Recognizes urgent situations and implements appropriate procedures.
- Communicate pertinent information for upcoming visit.
- Ensure productivity standards are met using all assigned resources and tools and in accordance to organizational protocols.
Credentials and Experience:
- High School Diploma/GED required.
- 3 years of experience in healthcare or related field providing customer service, patient care support or healthcare administration.
- Medical Assistant or Medical Office Assistant Certification.
- Successful completion of a Medical Assistant Program or applicable Military Training.
- Experience in healthcare and/or technology support.
- Experience in an outpatient clinic setting.
Mission To create a Moﬃtt culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion as we strive to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Vision To advance and accelerate a culture of access, equity, and inclusion. Diversity is a priority at Moffitt and is meant "to promote a culture of diversity and inclusion as we contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer." The Enterprise Equity Department focuses its efforts on eliminating those obstacles to an individual’s ability to exist within their personal comfort zone at the cancer center. Everyone is important to meeting this priority. Addressing and responding to diversity and inclusion fosters an environment where mutual respect for diverse cultures, communication styles, languages, customs, beliefs, values, traditions, experiences and other ways in which we identify ourselves, is the expectation.