Postdoctoral Associate - RNA Splicing
Baylor College of Medicine
Job posting number: #7137408 (Ref:15232-en_US)
Posted: April 1, 2023
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
The Kommagani laboratory at Baylor College of Medicine seeking a motivated Postdoctoral Associate. The selected candidate will involve a multi-disciplinary research team to focus on RNA splicing. The specific goals to utilize genomics, biochemical assays and mouse genetics to study the alternative splicing dysregulation and pathogenesis. Candidates with a strong background in RNA biology, animal models, and molecular biology are encouraged to apply.
- Plans, directs and conducts research experiments related to RNA biology.
- Collects, analyzes, and documents experiment results.
- Performs different cell and molecular biology studies using mice and primary cells.
- Documents results of experiments and reports to principal investigator.
- Conducts literature searches and summarize information for ongoing projects.
- Works with other groups as part of collaborations.
- MD or Ph.D. in Basic Science, Health Science, or a related field.
- No experience required.
- Ph.D. in life sciences obtained within the last 2 years.
- Experience in cell and molecular biology area with an emphasis on transcription.
- Self-motivated, committed and creative.
- Understanding of gene transcription and RNA maturation is highly preferred.
- Expertise in Biochemical assays and cell-based assays are plus.
- Excellent written communication and verbal skills.
Baylor College of Medicine requires employees to be fully vaccinated -subject to approved exemptions-against vaccine-preventable diseases including, but not limited to, COVID-19 and influenza.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
Baylor College of Medicine fosters diversity among its students, trainees, faculty and staff as a prerequisite to accomplishing our institutional mission, and setting standards for excellence in training healthcare providers and biomedical scientists, promoting scientific innovation, and providing patient-centered care. - Diversity, respect, and inclusiveness create an environment that is conducive to academic excellence, and strengthens our institution by increasing talent, encouraging creativity, and ensuring a broader perspective. - Diversity helps position Baylor to reduce disparities in health and healthcare access and to better address the needs of the community we serve. - Baylor is committed to recruiting and retaining outstanding students, trainees, faculty and staff from diverse backgrounds by providing a welcoming, supportive learning environment for all members of the Baylor community.