Senior Research Administration Associate - Pre and Post Award
Baylor College of Medicine
Job posting number: #7137410 (Ref:15287-en_US)
Posted: April 1, 2023
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
The Department of Pharmacology and Chemical Biology at Baylor College of Medicine is seeking a Senior Research Administrative Associate who enjoys working as part of a team, is organized, responsible, and highly motivated. The department is home to a productive faculty and staff dedicated to conducting internationally recognized biomedical research and educating the next generation of scientists. The Senior Research Administrative Associate will be responsible for working with faculty, staff, and trainees in an exciting and growing academic department. The Senior Research Administrative Associate will report to the department administrator. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a vibrant growing department. This is a group of professionals dedicated to biomedical education and to the improvement of human health.
- Provides grant program expertise, financial expertise, and guidance related to sponsored research to leaders and faculty.
- Manages preparation of grant applications and grant budgets.
- Manages preparation of grant progress reports and other sponsor reporting.
- Manages inbound and outbound sub awards.
- Reviews and approves grant applications, certifies summary data in the College's electronic Biomedical Research and Assurance Information Network (BRAIN) on behalf of the department.
- Consults with faculty regarding funding opportunities, eligibility, and application requirements for sponsored funding. The opportunities can range from simple fellowship grants to complex grants and contracts.
- Maintains an update working knowledge of Federal, State, and private sponsor policies and procedures.
- Ensures compliance with all guidelines.
- Serves as grants liaison between faculty, Baylor College of Medicine, national and international institutions, and/or federal/private funding agencies.
- Monitors post-award grant spend/balances.
- Provides grant financial reports to grant PI’s, and to the department administrator.
- Reviews procurement and travel requests to ensure compliance with grant sponsor and college policy.
- Maintains personnel labor distributions using Baylor’s PEPT system.
- Assists with preparation of the annual department budget.
- Mentors junior grant management colleagues.
- Participates in a job relevant Baylor Community of Practice.
- Bachelor's degree. Certified Research Administrator certification through the Research Administrators Certification Council (RACC) may substitute for the degree requirement.
- Four years of relevant experience.
- Certified Research Administrator certification through the Research Administrators Certification Council (RACC) is desirable.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills.
Baylor College of Medicine requires employees to be fully vaccinated -subject to approved exemptions-against vaccine-preventable diseases including, but not limited to, COVID-19 and influenza.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
Baylor College of Medicine fosters diversity among its students, trainees, faculty and staff as a prerequisite to accomplishing our institutional mission, and setting standards for excellence in training healthcare providers and biomedical scientists, promoting scientific innovation, and providing patient-centered care. - Diversity, respect, and inclusiveness create an environment that is conducive to academic excellence, and strengthens our institution by increasing talent, encouraging creativity, and ensuring a broader perspective. - Diversity helps position Baylor to reduce disparities in health and healthcare access and to better address the needs of the community we serve. - Baylor is committed to recruiting and retaining outstanding students, trainees, faculty and staff from diverse backgrounds by providing a welcoming, supportive learning environment for all members of the Baylor community.