Job posting number: #7137429 (Ref:ccf18082784)
Posted: March 31, 2023
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
As a CT Technician, you will be working with the department and medical staff to improve the care of patients by providing support, education and assistance daily. You will perform duties involving applying ionizing radiation for the purpose of detecting pathology. Your primary duties will include:
- Answering questions about scheduling, networking, and patient information.
- Effectively completing and ensuring that all electronic data is sent to its right destination.
- Showing knowledge of clinical procedures, equipment and policies.
- Documenting charts of procedure completion and follow-ups.
- Answering phone calls in a prompt and professional manner.
The Ideal Candidate is someone who:
- Thrives well in a collaborative, close-knit team.
- Shows strong levels of communication skills.
- Can multitask and prioritize work in a stressful, fast-paced environment.
- Provides empathy and patient-centered care.
- Carries at least two years of experience as an Imaging Technologist.
At Cleveland Clinic, we know what matters most. That's why we treat our caregivers as if they are our own family, and we are always creating ways to be there for you. Here, you'll find that we offer: resources to learn and grow, a fulfilling career for everyone, and comprehensive benefits that invest in your health, your physical and mental well-being and your future. When you join Cleveland Clinic, you'll be part of a supportive caregiver family that will be united in shared values and purpose to fulfill our promise of being the best place to receive care and the best place to work in healthcare.
- Adjusts and controls complex electronic equipment in applying ionizing radiation for radiographic, fluoroscopic and surgical examinations.
- Prepares and positions patients prior to procedures to ensure their safety and to obtain desired reports for diagnostic purposes.
- Calculates and selects appropriate equipment and technical factors such as proper type of film and amount of kilovolts or milliamperes. Follows radiation protection procedures.
- Maintains working condition of all equipment and reports any malfunctions or needs for adjustments to appropriate personnel.
- Assists in maintaining sanitary condition of the department.
- Instructs various staff about techniques and procedures relating to radiology as requested, including Radiation Safety.
- Researches lab values and injects contrast under direction of Radiologist.
- Complies with all Radiology Information System and PACS entry requirements for accurate patient, film, and supply tracking monitors.
- Properly evaluates requisitions and prescriptions including identifying patient and procedure to be performed.
- Completes mandatory education and training in order to maintain organization and department specific competencies and requirements. Maintains applicable certification/licensure. Maintains current Basic Life Support (BLS).
- Follows system and department policies and procedures with special attention to attendance and punctuality, confidentiality, dress code and display of ID badge, and safety.
- Assists and supports the Radiologic student program, specifically the clinical aspect. Provides supervision and feedback to students as they perform procedures. Reviews images with students on request and provides quarterly evaluations of students to clinical instructions for formal reviews.
- Other duties as assigned
- Completion of radiologic technology program from approved school.
- Current license by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists. Certification by the State of Ohio as a Radiologic Technologist. Maintains current Basic Life Support (BLS).
Complexity of Work:
- Maintains competencies specific to patient population served.
- Ability to travel site-to-site as required.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective equipment as required
By embracing and understanding the diversity EVERY ONE brings, Cleveland Clinic has created an inclusive culture that promotes innovation, growth, and new ideas. This has enhanced our ability to attract the best global talent to provide the best patient experience possible. Cleveland Clinic is pleased to be an equal employment/affirmative action employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. Smoke/drug free environment.