Deskside Support Manager
Harvard Medical School
Job posting number: #7145956 (Ref:hh-62586BR)
Posted: May 19, 2023
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
The Deskside Support Manager is responsible for developing and maintaining processes, policies, standards, systems, and measurements to effectively manage and track Tier 2 deskside IT support for HMS faculty and staff with regards to compliance, business performance objectives, and IT governance. The role works under the direction of the Associate Director for IT Service Delivery to manage the processes and people involved in provision of IT deskside support, manages the flow and assignment of work in the deskside support functional area, and collaborates with managers of related functional areas to ensure seamless IT support service. The role is responsible for provision of comprehensive deskside technical services to customers for one or more of the following: computer hardware, mobile devices, software and network related issues, and accessibility. The role will manage a small team of deskside support analysts. The Deskside Support Manager ensures quality control throughout the lifecycle of IT deskside support requests, from initiation through resolution. The role monitors and reports on ITsupport metrics including SLA’s and resolution rates, and applies a continuous improvement approach toward IT support, employing technology and process automation where possible, and providing retrospective and predictive reporting to inform operational, resource, and budget planning activities.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide effective leadership, direction, and training for a team of 4+ Deskside Support Analysts, ensuring consistency and quality control in the Tier 2 support lifecycle
- Apply a continuous improvement approach to develop, implement, and document support processes, policies, and procedures
- Prepare reports on support metrics as needed to inform process improvement efforts and resource planning
- Oversee systems integration and installation initiatives
- Establish and implement desktop policies, procedures and standards and ensure conformance with systems goals and procedures
- Use operational data to assess individual and team performance
- Manage the development and delivery of end-user training and documentation
- Abide by and follow the Harvard University IT technical standards, policies, and Code of Conduct
- Minimum of five years’ post-secondary education or relevant work experience
- Supervisory experience
- Work is performed in an office setting
- Occasionally required to work outside of normal business hours, and may be called during off hours
Additional Qualifications and Skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Knowledge of advanced user support practices
- Demonstrated team performance skills, service mindset approach, and the ability to act as a trusted advisor
Additional InformationThis position is based in Boston and some in-person on-campus work will be required, and flexible/remote work is an option. Any remote work must be performed in a state in which Harvard is registered to do business (CA*, CT, GA, IL, MA, MD, ME, NH, NJ, NY, RI, VA, VT, and WA). Individual flexible and remote work options for this role will be discussed during the interview process. *Note: Harvard employees working in California must be exempt.
The health of our workforce is a priority for Harvard University. With that in mind, we strongly encourage all employees to be up-to-date on CDC-recommended vaccines.
Please note that we are currently conducting a majority of interviews and onboarding remotely and virtually. We appreciate your understanding.
The Harvard Medical School is not able to provide visa sponsorship for this position.
Not ready to apply? Join our talent community to keep in touch and learn about future opportunities!
Commitment to Equity, Diversity, Inclusion, and BelongingWe are committed to cultivating an inclusive workplace culture of faculty, staff, and students with diverse backgrounds, styles, abilities, and motivations. We appreciate and leverage the capabilities, insights, and ideas of all individuals. Harvard Medical School Mission and Community Value
EEO StatementWe are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Harvard Medical School strives to cultivate an environment that promotes inclusiveness and collaboration among students, faculty and staff and to create new avenues for discussion that will advance our shared mission to improve the health of people throughout the world.