Contracts Administrator I
Argonne National Laboratory
Job posting number: #7146525 (Ref:415929)
Posted: May 23, 2023
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
The Contracts Administration team at Argonne National Laboratory seeks applications from talented and highly motivated individuals to join a team of Contract Administrators focused on providing support and exceptional service to the organizations across the Laboratory.
In this role you will administer, extend, negotiate and terminate complex Strategic Partnership Projects (SPP’s), Cooperative Research & Development Agreements (CRADA’s), standard, nonstandard contracts, including Lab amenities and other contracts.
You will be responsible for reviewing and approving contractual documents to ensure adherence to satisfaction of customer specifications, and protection of the Laboratory’s contractual posture. Additional responsibilities may include preparing agreements, processing specifications, interpreting terms and conditions, advising management of contractual rights and obligations, and compiling and analyzing data.
This position will interact with Legal Counsel as required when necessary and serves as the point of contact for interactions between all parties.
- Knowledge of cost and price analysis, contracts, and proposals.
- Knowledge of applicable Procurement regulations and policies governing the procurement cycle (proposal evaluations for selection award, award termination, changes, and various methods of procurement, etc.).
- Advanced communication and negotiation skills.
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel).
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently.
- Skill in negotiating procedures and business principles including negotiating contract terms, and conditions; complex price and cost analysis; the characteristics of products and services being procured; planning, scheduling, and program control; authoring, administering, terminating, and closing out awards.
- Skill in interpersonal relations; making sound, independent judgments concerning regulations and business protocol and practices; written and oral communications.
- A successful candidate would be expected to have experience delivering exceptional customer service as well as have attention to detail.
- Work with other team members to complete duties as needed.
- Ability to model Argonne’s Core Values: Impact, Safety, Respect, Integrity, and Teamwork.
This position description documents the general nature and level of work but is not intended to be a comprehensive list of all activities, duties and responsibilities required of job incumbent. Consequently, job incumbent may be required to perform other duties as assigned.
Job FamilyProfessional Administrative (PA)
Job ProfileContracts Administration 1
Time TypeFull time
As an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer, and in accordance with our core values of impact, safety, respect, integrity and teamwork, Argonne National Laboratory is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace that fosters collaborative scientific discovery and innovation. In support of this commitment, Argonne encourages minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities to apply for employment. Argonne considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to age, ancestry, citizenship status, color, disability, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Argonne employees, and certain guest researchers and contractors, are subject to particular restrictions related to participation in Foreign Government Sponsored or Affiliated Activities, as defined and detailed in United States Department of Energy Order 486.1A. You will be asked to disclose any such participation in the application phase for review by Argonne's Legal Department.
All Argonne offers of employment are contingent upon a background check that includes an assessment of criminal conviction history conducted on an individualized and case-by-case basis. Please be advised that Argonne positions require upon hire (or may require in the future) for the individual be to obtain a government access authorization that involves additional background check requirements. Failure to obtain or maintain such government access authorization could result in the withdrawal of a job offer or future termination of employment.
Argonne is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity in our workforce. As an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer, Argonne National Laboratory is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace that fosters collaborative scientific discovery and innovation. In support of this commitment, Argonne prohibits discrimination or harassment based on an individual's age, ancestry, citizenship status, color, disability, gender, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.