Research Assistant I
Baylor College of Medicine
Job posting number: #7146672 (Ref:15958-en_US)
Posted: May 24, 2023
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
The laboratory of Dr. Xiaolong Jiang at Baylor College of Medicine is seeking applicants for the Research Assistant position. The position will work collaboratively within a multi-disciplinary research team aimed at understanding the brain circuits underlying epilepsy and autism. The specific goals of this position will be to use whole cell patching methods, single-cell RNA-sequencing and immunochemistry to probe morphology, electrophysiology and transcriptome of the individual neurons of brain circuits in the diseases.
- Assists PI and postdocs in patch-clamp electrophysiological recordings.
- Performs basic immunostaining and other histological staining.
- Single-Cell RNA sequencing or experiments using molecular and biological techniques.
- Collects, compiles and analyzes data.
- Conducts literature searches and summarizes information in an appropriate format for a particular study.
- Documents results of experiments and reports to principal investigators.
- Trains and orients less experienced research staff.
- Defines problems and possible solutions.
- Assign activities to less experienced research staff.
- Bachelor's degree in a Basic Science or a related field.
- Two years of relevant experience.
Baylor College of Medicine requires employees to be fully vaccinated -subject to approved exemptions-against vaccine-preventable diseases including, but not limited to, COVID-19 and influenza.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
Baylor College of Medicine fosters diversity among its students, trainees, faculty and staff as a prerequisite to accomplishing our institutional mission, and setting standards for excellence in training healthcare providers and biomedical scientists, promoting scientific innovation, and providing patient-centered care. - Diversity, respect, and inclusiveness create an environment that is conducive to academic excellence, and strengthens our institution by increasing talent, encouraging creativity, and ensuring a broader perspective. - Diversity helps position Baylor to reduce disparities in health and healthcare access and to better address the needs of the community we serve. - Baylor is committed to recruiting and retaining outstanding students, trainees, faculty and staff from diverse backgrounds by providing a welcoming, supportive learning environment for all members of the Baylor community.