Lead Coordinator, Research Operations
Baylor College of Medicine
Job posting number: #7146674 (Ref:15986-en_US)
Posted: May 24, 2023
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
This position requires that a person will be familiar with and capable of, managing a mid-large size lab. Ideally, the candidate will be organized, consistent, identify potential issues within the lab, and consult with the PI on lab updates and how to improve output, if required. Individual hired will need ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Run the daily operations of a mid-size lab.
- Manage equipment needs, train staff on equipment and be responsible for all the supply needs of the lab.
- Make sure grants are spent appropriately, monitor account balances, manage grant proposals, work with vendors on capital equipment orders and reconcile pCard reports.
- Assist the PI and staff with travel, sending invoices, posting goods receipts, protocol management (animal, hazardous, rDNA, etc), and work with students, postdocs and staff with whatever needs they have to ensure all Quality Assurance/Quality Control requirements are met in the lab and that they're compliant with institutional mandates (i.e. IACUC or internal staff training).
- Schedule service calls as needed and keep detailed equipment records.
- Work closely with the Neuroconnectivity Core to send out customer invoices (within BCM, TCM, USA, and internationally) on a monthly basis, and ship out viruses to customers (weekly, as needed).
- High School diploma or GED.
- Six years of relevant experience.
Baylor College of Medicine requires employees to be fully vaccinated -subject to approved exemptions-against vaccine-preventable diseases including, but not limited to, COVID-19 and influenza.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
Baylor College of Medicine fosters diversity among its students, trainees, faculty and staff as a prerequisite to accomplishing our institutional mission, and setting standards for excellence in training healthcare providers and biomedical scientists, promoting scientific innovation, and providing patient-centered care. - Diversity, respect, and inclusiveness create an environment that is conducive to academic excellence, and strengthens our institution by increasing talent, encouraging creativity, and ensuring a broader perspective. - Diversity helps position Baylor to reduce disparities in health and healthcare access and to better address the needs of the community we serve. - Baylor is committed to recruiting and retaining outstanding students, trainees, faculty and staff from diverse backgrounds by providing a welcoming, supportive learning environment for all members of the Baylor community.