Instructor - Physician Assistant
Baylor College of Medicine
Job posting number: #7146824 (Ref:16001-en_US)
Posted: May 25, 2023
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
We seek to hire an APP - PA to join the Pediatric Diabetes and Endocrinology Division at Baylor College of Medicine and Texas Children's Hospital. Our goal is to build a world-class clinical and research center to allow children with diabetes and endocrine disorders to live long healthy lives. We emphasize thoughtful and empowering care of children with diabetes and endocrine disorders.
The Pediatric Diabetes & Endocrinology service at Texas Children's Hospital, which is ranked #5 in the nation by USNWR, is currently staffed by over 35 providers with continued growth expected. We are a large clinical service provider across the Houston metropolitan area with care delivery at multiple sites. We offer a full array of support services (e.g., social work, nutritional counseling, etc.) commensurate with that provided within a world-class children's hospital, supported by a stellar infrastructure to advance health care improvement. Other assets of the section include:
- Faculty growth and support for recruitment
- Long-standing fellowship program
- Faculty interested in subspecialty niches with a desire to support those as well as increase the number of niches offered to patients
- Active participation in and opportunities for leadership contributions on various hospital committees
- Broad community coverage
- Six-bed inpatient diabetes care unit
- TBL (team-based learning) for fellowship curriculum
Salary will be commensurate with experience. Applicants must have an M.S.N. degree (or equivalent) or master’s degree in physician assistant studies and have demonstrated excellent qualifications in clinical care, education, quality and safety, research, or administrative areas.
Provides advanced patient care to patients in a clinical setting in an area of specialization under the direction of a physician.
- Obtain detailed history and perform physical examinations.
- Perform, order, and interpret diagnostic procedures in accordance with relevant health concerns of the patient.
- Prescribes appropriate pharmacological and non-pharmacological treatments.
- Maintain records and write orders and progress notes in patient charts as to status, treatments, and procedures.
- Monitors and ensures accuracy of recording on patient medical records.
- Provide follow-up health maintenance care to patients in accordance with protocols established with the supervising physician.
- Communicate with physicians, patients, and the family members of patients concerning patient care.
- Collaborates with providers, and practice staff in identifying appropriate patients for care management.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- Education Required: Master’s degree in Physician Assistant Studies. NOTE: Bachelor's degree in Physician Assistant Studies accepted based on terminal degree requirements at time of graduation.
- Experience Required: None required.
- Certification/Licenses/Registration: Current license as a Physician Assistant by the State of Texas Physician Assistant Board. Specialty certification as required by department. Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification.
Baylor College of Medicine requires employees to be fully vaccinated -subject to approved exemptions-against vaccine-preventable diseases including, but not limited to, COVID-19 and influenza.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
Baylor College of Medicine fosters diversity among its students, trainees, faculty and staff as a prerequisite to accomplishing our institutional mission, and setting standards for excellence in training healthcare providers and biomedical scientists, promoting scientific innovation, and providing patient-centered care. - Diversity, respect, and inclusiveness create an environment that is conducive to academic excellence, and strengthens our institution by increasing talent, encouraging creativity, and ensuring a broader perspective. - Diversity helps position Baylor to reduce disparities in health and healthcare access and to better address the needs of the community we serve. - Baylor is committed to recruiting and retaining outstanding students, trainees, faculty and staff from diverse backgrounds by providing a welcoming, supportive learning environment for all members of the Baylor community.