Research Assistant II
Baylor College of Medicine
Job posting number: #7146831 (Ref:16012-en_US)
Posted: May 25, 2023
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
The Cancer Epidemiology and Prevention Program in Texas Children's Cancer Center supports a thriving research program within the Department of Pediatrics. The Research Assistant II will work closely with faculty in the Center to perform responsible research work that requires planning and completing research projects in accordance with general approved research plans.
- Designs and conducts data-driven research experiments.
- Selects and determines appropriate research procedures with input and approval from the Principal Investigators.
- Ensures accurate data collection, data entry, documentation, and organization of research projects.
- Collects, compiles and analyzes research data for several analytical projects.
- Documents and interprets results of experiments and reports to principal investigators.
- Conducts literature searches and summarizes information in an appropriate format for a particular study.
- Maintains records and regulatory documents for research studies.
- Organizes study research documents following specific protocol guidelines.
- Complete relevant protocol documents, maintaining research logs, providing study updates, and completing study progress reports.
- Work in a team environment with faculty and other staff members to ensure protocol objectives are being met.
- Oversee the maintenance of lab equipment and environment.
- Develop and modify computer programs.
- Assign activities to less experienced research staff.
- Maintain knowledge on state-of-the-science techniques for the processing and analysis of data for molecular epidemiology research studies.
- Maintain accurate inventory of datasets across multiple epidemiological research studies.
- Identify and conducts quality control/assurance analyses to ensure data integrity for multiple epidemiological research studies.
- Work closely with Principal Investigators to identify appropriate research protocols for various projects and conducts analyses of research data.
- Work closely Principal Investigators to troubleshoot pipeline performance.
- Make suggestions for changes to workflows and pipelines, as needed for various research projects.
- Bachelor's degree in a Basic Science or a related field.
- Three years of relevant experience.
- Master's degree in Epidemiology, Public Health, or related field.
Baylor College of Medicine requires employees to be fully vaccinated -subject to approved exemptions-against vaccine-preventable diseases including, but not limited to, COVID-19 and influenza.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
Baylor College of Medicine fosters diversity among its students, trainees, faculty and staff as a prerequisite to accomplishing our institutional mission, and setting standards for excellence in training healthcare providers and biomedical scientists, promoting scientific innovation, and providing patient-centered care. - Diversity, respect, and inclusiveness create an environment that is conducive to academic excellence, and strengthens our institution by increasing talent, encouraging creativity, and ensuring a broader perspective. - Diversity helps position Baylor to reduce disparities in health and healthcare access and to better address the needs of the community we serve. - Baylor is committed to recruiting and retaining outstanding students, trainees, faculty and staff from diverse backgrounds by providing a welcoming, supportive learning environment for all members of the Baylor community.