San Francisco, CA
Job posting number: #7146868 (Ref:op-d627338cd3)
Posted: May 24, 2023
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
About the role
The Success team is responsible for ensuring developers and enterprises are successful in building scalable production applications with the OpenAI API platform. We guide and support customers to achieve maximum benefits, value, and adoption from deploying our highly-capable models. OpenAI's customers represent a range of diverse backgrounds and maturity, from early-stage startups to established global enterprises.
We are looking for an engineer to collaborate directly with our strategic enterprise accounts, helping solve their most difficult problems and providing day-to-day dedicated technical support. You are crucial to the success of the most innovative, disruptive, and high-scale AI solutions being built with the OpenAI API platform. You will collaborate closely with the Solutions, Partnerships Research, and Revenue teams, and will report to the Head of Success.
This role is based in our San Francisco HQ. We offer relocation support to new employees.
In this role, you will:
- Serve as the dedicated technical resource and advocate for our most important API customers.
- Answer technical questions from customers about the API platform’s operation, deployment, integration, and use.
- Deliver custom solutions and prototypes that help accelerate a customer’s time to value.
- Participate in monthly on-call shifts to triage issues for our most important API customers.
- Scale the Account Engineering function through codifying common answers to questions and implementing efficiency gains.
- Contribute to our open-source developer and enterprise resources.
- Provide ad hoc pre-sales engineering support.
- Build strong relationships with our customers’ leaders and operators to ensure their application’s success.
You’ll thrive in this role if you:
- Have 2+ years of software engineering and application development experience.
- Earned a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or something similar.
- Built and/or delivered prototypes on top of our API platform.
- Can proactively identify technical pain points in our and our customer’s solutions.
- Have a humble attitude, an eagerness to help others, and a desire to pick up whatever knowledge you're missing to make both your team and our customers succeed.
- Operate with high horsepower, are adept at frequent context switching and working on multiple projects at once with expansive ownership, and ruthlessly prioritize.
OpenAI is an AI research and deployment company dedicated to ensuring that general-purpose artificial intelligence benefits all of humanity. We push the boundaries of the capabilities of AI systems and seek to safely deploy them to the world through our products. AI is an extremely powerful tool that must be created with safety and human needs at its core, and to achieve our mission, we must encompass and value the many different perspectives, voices, and experiences that form the full spectrum of humanity.
At OpenAI, we believe artificial intelligence has the potential to help people solve immense global challenges, and we want the upside of AI to be widely shared. Join us in shaping the future of technology.
Compensation, Benefits, and Perks
The annual salary range for this role is $130,000–$180,000. Total compensation also includes generous equity and benefits.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance for you and your family
- Mental health and wellness support
- 401(k) plan with 4% matching
- Unlimited time off and 18+ company holidays per year
- Paid parental leave (20 weeks) and family-planning support
- Annual learning & development stipend ($1,500 per year)
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability or other legally protected statuses. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities, and requests can be made via this link.