Faculty Administrative Assistant
H. Lee Moffitt Cancer Center
Job posting number: #7150718 (Ref:hlj_45761)
Posted: May 26, 2023
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Faculty Administrative Assistant – GI Tumor Program Admin
H. Lee Moffitt Cancer Center is internationally recognized for our focus on personalized cancer care and translational research. The mission of Moffitt is clear, focused, and fully stated in nine words, “To contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer.” With a tradition of excellence that began with the first patient admission in 1986, dedicated Moffitt physicians, scientists, and staff members have remained committed to excellence in an atmosphere characterized by kindness, caring, and hope.
Based in GI Tumor Oncology Admin, the Faculty Administrative Assistant position provides various administrative support functions for the program providers. The Faculty Administrative Assistant achieves results by utilizing strong communication skills, both written and verbal, interpersonal skills, including teamwork and technical skills, including organization and utilization of competencies in various software programs. The position requires initiative, ownership, accountability, a high degree of independence of action, and the motivation to provide high-quality service.
The Faculty Administrative Assistant represents and supports the mission, philosophy and goals of the Cancer Center and applies organizational and administrative skills associated with the efficient operation of the GI Tumor Program Admin. This position provides a variety of administrative and grant related support functions for the program providers. This position is responsible for coordinating internal and external resources to fulfill the goals and objectives of the Program in a timely and financially responsible manner.
- Calendar management and scheduling
- Customer service and interpersonal communication
The Ideal Candidate:
- Provided administrative support to 3 or more individuals within a medical facility/office.
- Demonstrates strong written and verbal communication skills (i.e. presentations, memo writing, triaging calls).
- Experienced in managing multiple Outlook calendars, scheduling travel arrangements and meetings.
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint).
- Manages multiple complex faculty calendars while maintaining non-conflicting daily schedule of appointments, meetings, travel arrangements, and clinic schedules.
- Frequently coordinate internal and external meetings with multiple attendees.
- Distribute postal mail.
- Prepare and submit Expense Reports and Check Requests (internal Moffitt or external process).
- Coordinate Facilities/IT Environmental Service/Move requests.
- Generate ad hoc program reporting (i.e Daily Census Report).
- Recognizes and establishes priorities and use resourcefulness in the completion of daily tasks and special projects.
- In a professional manner offers constructive ideas and suggestions for improved operations.
- Competent in MS Office suite of software to include capability to create professional level documentation.
- Perform Clinic Template Change Requests.
- Record, transcribe and publish quality meeting minutes.
- Perform Physician Time Survey.
- Reconcile/Track Faculty PDF account activities.
- Demonstrate ability to handle multiple projects and changing priorities to work under pressure and to meet frequent deadlines.
- Ability to manage multi-line phone and triage calls appropriately.
- Ability to draft and edit clear, concise and professional correspondence in adherence to grammatical and spelling rules. (Word documents; compose e-mails, memos, etc.).
Credentials and Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or GED required; Associate degree preferred.
- Minimum two (2) years of administrative support experience in an office setting required.
- Demonstrates strong communication skills, both verbal & written.
- Highly motivated and attentive to detail.
- Requires intermediate proficiency in MS Office applications i.e. Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint, and Microsoft Windows-based operating systems.
- Demonstrates attention to detail in producing accurate and high-quality deliverables.
- Self-motivated with ability to prioritize multiple tasks and multi-task under tight deadline with little oversight.
- Must be an independent team member that is engaged, proactive, and highly motivated.
Mission To create a Moﬃtt culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion as we strive to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Vision To advance and accelerate a culture of access, equity, and inclusion. Diversity is a priority at Moffitt and is meant "to promote a culture of diversity and inclusion as we contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer." The Enterprise Equity Department focuses its efforts on eliminating those obstacles to an individual’s ability to exist within their personal comfort zone at the cancer center. Everyone is important to meeting this priority. Addressing and responding to diversity and inclusion fosters an environment where mutual respect for diverse cultures, communication styles, languages, customs, beliefs, values, traditions, experiences and other ways in which we identify ourselves, is the expectation.