PERIOPERATIVE EQUIPMENT TECH
Job posting number: #7151043 (Ref:hlj_45965)
Posted: May 29, 2023
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
- Perioperative Equipment Technician performs work in an efficient, timely and organized manner according to departmental standards, policies and procedures.
- Facilitates flow of video, microscopes, electrical surgical equipment and positioning aids to and from the OR suites.
- Assists and supports PCA role when time permits.
- Assists and supports patients/visitors and staff.
- Contributes to the safety and comfort of patients as assigned or requested.
The Ideal Candidate
- The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Computer skills a must (Word, Excel, etc).
- Must demonstrate a strong comfort level with technology and equipment
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Perioperative Equipment Technician is responsible:
- For support services in the delivery of care to operative patients, including general care.
- Organizing and cleaning of equipment.
- Initiating, organizing and updating of maintenance records.
- Assisting in room set-up and turn-over and by acting as a primary resource in troubleshooting equipment malfunction.
Credentials and Qualifications:
- 1 (one) year hospital experience highly recommended
- Certified Nurse's Assistant Certification preferred
- BLS Card
Mission To create a Moﬃtt culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion as we strive to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Vision To advance and accelerate a culture of access, equity, and inclusion. Diversity is a priority at Moffitt and is meant "to promote a culture of diversity and inclusion as we contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer." The Enterprise Equity Department focuses its efforts on eliminating those obstacles to an individual’s ability to exist within their personal comfort zone at the cancer center. Everyone is important to meeting this priority. Addressing and responding to diversity and inclusion fosters an environment where mutual respect for diverse cultures, communication styles, languages, customs, beliefs, values, traditions, experiences and other ways in which we identify ourselves, is the expectation.