Job posting number: #7153884 (Ref:BSU37631)
Posted: June 9, 2023
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide information and assistance regarding department policies, procedures, programs, academic advising, and scheduling; schedule activities, meetings, and appointments for faculty, staff, and new grad student orientation.
- Assist with departmental, college, and university student success initiatives for admission and retention, including registration, orientation, open house, and commencement events. Assist in data gathering and analysis for student success activities.
- Assist Chairperson and faculty committees with graduate student applications and selection, faculty searches, undergraduate and graduate student course registration, and problem procedures. Plan new graduate student orientation. Ensure that required training and paperwork is completed.
- Assist Chairperson and committee in updating and maintaining faculty P&T files in electronic storage system, organize and maintain department policies and procedures, administrative and personnel records, faculty meeting minutes, manage collection of current CV and syllabi for faculty.
- Schedule and administer ACAT exam to graduating seniors. Provide test data to Upper Division Advising to affirm students have completed the ACAT graduation requirement. Provide test data to assistant chair for operations and gather other data for department assessment.
- Establish office procedures required to accomplish department, college, and university goals.
- Provide support for department Canvas communities, includes posting announcements, assigning users, organizing and updating documents
- Serve as area Kronos coordinator for department. Coordinate and assist with monitoring payroll for staff, faculty, and professional staff utilizing Kronos; includes providing assistance with SSB to review and retrieve pay information; record missed punches, vacation time, sick and PTO hours. Complete payroll deadlines by verifying hours, coordinating approval process, and signing off on timesheets for payroll records, maintaining records of adjustment forms.
- Coordinate faculty, staff and student employment by posting jobs; coordinating interviews; process hiring forms; monitor time sheets; sign-off payroll; and as needed provide training in time keeping software. Oversee new hire onboarding process; maintain compliance with Human Resource policies. Calculate pay and process FLAC report for faculty pay.
- Support new student recruitment with information, correspondence, and phone calls to prospective students.
- Assign and review work, orient and train students, and make recommendations as to interviewing and selection.
- Schedule student employees for Anatomy Study room
- Request services and monitor completion of repairs and maintenance in research labs, classrooms, and offices.
- Provide information and/or assistance on a wide variety of biological-related inquiries, plan itineraries and receptions for faculty candidates and special events.
- Prepare paperwork for curriculum changes and reports; assist with special projects.
- Maintain working knowledge of a subset of duties of Travel and Public Relations Coordinator or Financial Coordinator allowing duty redundancy to ensure coverage during vacations or illness and to assist during times of elevated workloads.
- Attend workshops, seminars, and training sessions that are relevant or of interest for professional development.
- Maintain regular and predictable attendance as required by this position
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
At Ball State University, we recognize inclusive excellence as an integral endeavor to fulfill our University’s mission and our strategic plan. We recruit, support, and retain a diverse population of students, faculty, and staff. We encourage and reward diversity of thought. We promote a work environment that encourages and rewards innovation and creativity. We pledge to keep Inclusive Excellence at the highest level of institutional importance and as a foundation in all that we strive to do. Our over-arching goal for Inclusive Excellence is to adopt a university-wide Inclusive Excellence approach to academic, administrative support, and service functions of the university. We believe Inclusive Excellence must be infused in every step we take.