Senior Healthcare Executive
Job posting number: #7154698 (Ref:pf-4886450)
Posted: June 7, 2023
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Job Description – Senior Healthcare Executive
At Pfizer, we’re driven to discover the cure, driven to significantly improve the lives of everyone & everywhere. If you’re similarly driven, you’ll find there’s no better place than at Pfizer.
Our Purpose is to deliver Breakthroughs that change patients’ lives, and it is built on a very strong foundation of Pfizer values of courage, excellence, equity and joy. You can read more about our culture and values by going to the link below:
Join us and you’ll partner with colleagues of diverse backgrounds and abilities, people who contribute to all aspects of what we do, from drug development to marketing, technology to sales, and so much more.
We’ve transformed growth and development at Pfizer to ensure that everyone can follow the path to their dream career, whether that’s climbing a traditional, vertical ladder or as we like to call it ‘zig-zagging’ their way to a new role. Growth at Pfizer isn’t linear, success isn’t limited, and advancement opportunities are abundant.
Pfizer India Inflammation and Immunology has a robust pipeline in Dermatology Portfolio with the launch of Crisaborole in atopic dermatitis scheduled for Q3 2023 followed by breakthrough launches in the Atopic dermatitis and Alopecia space. Crisaborole, being a new class of product, represents significant therapeutic benefits to patients and will offer Pfizer’s innovation for Atopic Dermatitis Patients as an alternative to Topical Steroids and Calcineurin Inhibitors.
This launch will soon be followed by launch of a new breakthrough class of Therapy in Moderate to Severe Atopic Dermatitis, which will further strengthen Pfizer’s place in Dermatology.
Considering the AD Space is still dominated by the conventional therapies with no significant innovation in past 2-3 decades, Pfizer presents a great opportunity for the candidates to lead the launch of new class of therapies and significantly impact patient lives suffering from Atopic Dermatitis.
A Sr. Health Care Executive is responsible for establishing the dermatology therapy within the assigned territory and building a strong network of medical professionals for achieving and exceeding the budgeted sales of products Planned coverage of customers and timely implementation of sales promotion initiatives within a certain geographic territory independently. The role holder is expected to be a vital interface between Pfizer and medical professionals by briefing them on the scientific features and patient care benefits in respect of company’s products in accordance with established sales and distribution policies
- Ensure achievement of Sales budgets for the assigned geographical territory
- Develop a clear understanding of his/her role as a responsible Officer of the Company and apply the knowledge, experience and skills to achieve the defined objectives for the position and the team.
- Review and discuss his/her plans for the achievement of territory’s sales budget each month (overall and product wise). Seek the assistance of the Regional Manager in formulating sales strategy.
- Conduct sales analytics to identify areas / stakeholders to be focused upon for driving business growth in the territory
- Provide inputs to the Regional Manager to help him/her validate the sales forecast or the rolling sales plan as per the defined frequency
- Provide inputs to the Regional Manager to help him/her manage salvage net to maintain it at an acceptable level
- Jointly with the Regional Manager, classify the medical practitioners in his/her territory in three categories A, B and C in the descending order of importance, A being the most important and C the least.
- Schedule the frequency of calls on the doctors depending on their criticality with respect to achievement of the sales targets for the district
- Deliver promotional messages tailored to each customer’s need to maximize sales
- Strictly adhere to coverage plans and frequency
- Strictly adhere to all applicable Pfizer policies and procedures.
Operational / Process
- Regularly visit chemists in the area to ensure sale of Pfizer’s products, collect information on the sales of competitor’s products and regularly update the team about this data
- Stay updated on the competitors’ activities through personal visits to wholesalers and retailers. Maintain regular
- contacts with medical practitioners, consultants, chemists and wholesalers.
- Book orders from the retailers to ensure adequate availability of products to meet the market demand. Also, ensure display of point-of-sale promotion material display in retailers’ stores in line with the promotion plan
- Ensure thorough pre-call planning and ask for the assistance of the Regional Manager wherever necessary.
- Prepare and implement special schedule for doctors’ visits/calls at the time of new product launch or sales campaign etc. using special presentation and promotional materials in line with the sales strategy
- Carry meticulous one-to-one detailing of the product bringing to the doctor’s attention the special features/benefits of the product, its proven efficacy, new research and clinical findings etc.
- Follow the approved tour program.
- Prepare and send daily reports as per the defined process on his/her day-to-day activities mentioning in detail about the calls made on the doctors clinics and hospitals.
- Maintain contacts with nursing homes, clinics and hospitals in his/her territory. Collect the data on annual budget for medicines with respect to each of the hospitals, their mode of purchase, rate contract, and drug committee members
- Forward adverse events and product complaints reported by customers and consumers in the appropriate format in a timely manner as described in the relevant SOPs
- Conduct taxi tours to meet the customers in micro-interiors and generate business for the products
- Conduct group meetings, speaker programs, and round table meetings for the doctors and chemists to create awareness around product benefits
- Conduct disease / patient awareness / screening programs in coordination with the medical associations.
- Build relationships with and manage Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs) and key customers
- Coordinate with CFA (Carrying and Forwarding agent) for inventory management
- Execute the product promotion campaigns for new and existing products for the territory
- Track the hospital purchase trend for the territory
- Conceive, plan and organize Continuing Medical Education (CME) programs with help from HODs, Consultants and hospital admin department
- Trainee HCEs (Health Care Executives) or other field trainees as may be assigned as mentees
- Share learning from experience with team colleagues
- Demonstrate and promote Pfizer global values in all interactions.
- Demonstrate team spirit and cooperation towards achievement of individual and team objectives
- Adhere to proposed training calendar for the year for self
- Act as the custodian of all compliance related matters for the territory
- Ensure achievement of Sales budgets
- Assist in the collection of receivables, where required
- Ensure proper utilization of product samples, detailing aids and other promotional material.
- Ensure proper accounting and reporting of expenses
- Use technology solutions for enabling better information availability
- Use technology developments for effective field operations
Degree in Sciences / Pharmacy or Graduation with relevant experience is desirable.
Experience of 6-10 years in a similar capacity is preferred
Special Skills & Knowledge
Knowledge of Dermatology as a therapy area (Specifically Clinical Dermatology) will be a great advantage
Skills for new therapy building and shaping
Knowledge of therapeutic segments and related medical information.
Knowledge of regulatory aspects and issues related to the pharmaceutical industry.
Pfizer is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates.Sales
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.