Sr Medical Affairs Scientist (secondment)
Job posting number: #7154928 (Ref:pf-4886708)
Posted: June 9, 2023
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Breakthroughs that change patients' lives... At Pfizer we are a patient centric company, guided by our four values: Courage, Joy, Equity and Excellence. Our breakthrough culture lends itself to our dedication to transforming millions of lives. At Pfizer we know that great things happen anywhere people come together with one shared goal.
In our search for talents, right now, we are seeking highly qualified candidates to fill the position as:
Senior Medical Affairs Scientist, Inflammation & Immunology, Finland (part-time 50%, 12 months secondment)
How We Impact Patients
We contribute to transforming the lives of patients through science. We lead the medical conversation by partnering broadly and generating scientific evidence. In this role your will be at the heart of science focusing on breakthroughs that transform patients´ lives.
How You Will Contribute
Senior Medical Affairs Scientist (Sr MAS), Inflammation and Immunology will during this temporary 12 months assignment, focus on cross-indication support in rheumatology by maximizing the rheumatology registry collaboration with healthcare professionals. Sr MAS will support with publication of the data and is responsible for creating omnichannel communication plan for optimal impact.
Sr MAS uses a science-based and customer-focused approach to advance medical engagement based on customer needs. In this position the Sr MAS will work within the Inflammation and Immunology Medical Affairs team in Finland.
The key responsibilities in this role include:
- Acts as the scientific point of contact for HCPs, academia, and other stakeholders in rheumatology registry related topics
- Leads medical to medical communication of the data across multiple channels
- Drives research collaborations with key customers and proactively identifies possibilities to optimize patient outcomes in collaboration with internal colleagues and external partners
- Provides innovative solutions and exercises independent judgment in developing tactics and criteria for achieving objectives
- Contributes to company strategies and plans by providing medical input through actionable customer insights
- Proactively builds strategic partnerships and strong collaboration with internal colleagues and effectively leads cross-functional teams
- Is a key contributor to ensure company’s high ethical medical standards and compliance
What We Expect
- Higher academic degree in relevant science area, with strong scientific skills and/or clinical experience. MD, PhD or PharmD is a preference.
- Several years of professional experience in a relevant area
- Business acumen
- Ability to work in an international setting in a matrix organization
- Deep scientific knowledge and competence in the therapeutic area
- Strong communication and presentations skills and ability to deliver scientific and strategic messages
- Experienced user of digital communication channels and virtual communication media
- Fluency in Finnish and in English
- Ability to travel as required for on-site visits with external as well as internal stakeholders across Finland and internationally
What You Can Expect
At Pfizer, we invest in creating an environment which unleashes the power of our people. Some of our key drivers:
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion - Everyone has something to offer. We believe that a diverse and inclusive organization is crucial to building a successful organization. Pfizer is committed to celebrating this in all its forms ensuring we are as diverse as the patients and communities we serve.
When you grow, We Grow! - All colleagues are empowered to unleash their full potential, delivering on our company purpose through non-linear career paths, made of a diverse set of experiences.
Health & Wellbeing– We empower our colleagues to better care for themselves and make new investments to help them manage their mental and physical well-being. Ensuring an environment where colleagues can unleash their power and bring joy at work is one of our focus areas.
Join us in making breakthroughs that change patients’ lives.
We are looking forward to having your application as soon as possible. Please send your CV and cover letter in English by June 22th.
Evaluation and interviews will run in parallel to posting.
- Work location: Helsinki, Finland, flexibility possible
- Type of contract: Temporary 12 months, part time 50%
Pfizer is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates.
Pfizer is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates.Medical
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.