Experienced OR RN with strong cardiovascular experience, 1.0 fte 2pm - 10:30 pm vary start
Job posting number: #7155284 (Ref:ccf18557663)
Posted: June 9, 2023
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
- ASSESSMENTS: Completes ongoing assessments.
- Recognizes significant changes in patient's condition and responds appropriately.
- PLANNING: Develops measurable goals for identified problems.
- Updates goals for identified problems.
- Involves the patient/family (or designee) in developing a plan of care individualized to patient cultural, religious and educational needs.
- Coordinates the interdisciplinary plan of care.
- Serves as a patient advocate.
- IMPLEMENTATION: Provides nursing care based on patient-centered outcomes and standards of care that are based on current research and evidence-based practice.
- Administers patient care and treatments safely in accordance with the Standards of Safe Nursing Practice and institutional policy.
- Administers medications safely in accordance with the Standards of Safe Nursing Practice and institutional policy.
- Documents legibly using concise terms, correct terminology and approved abbreviations.
- EVALUATION: Participates in on-going interdisciplinary evaluation of patient/family outcomes and contributes to the improvement of care.
- Participates in the quality improvement processes.
- LEADERSHIP/PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT: Delegates tasks/assignments to employees according to their ability and within the scope of their job descriptions and according to the Delegation by Licensed Nurses, Ohio Administrative Code.
- Serves as a resource person sharing knowledge/skills.
- Acts as a role model/mentor.
- Recognizes and acknowledges peer accomplishments.
- Accepts/receives constructive criticism.
- Participates in the Peer and Self-Review process.
- Pursues on-going education and/or certification in specialty.
- Maintains membership in professional organizations.
- Involves self in professional development opportunities including community activities.
- Adheres to values/guest service standards and Guiding Principles.
- Completes mandatory education and training in order to maintain organization and department specific competencies and requirements. Maintains applicable certification/licensure. Maintains BLS.
- Follows hospital and department policies and procedures with special attention to attendance and punctuality, confidentiality, dress code and display of ID badge, and safety.
- Department Specific Duties: Plans for patient care utilizing both patient specific information and preference sheets and assists in collecting and preparing equipment, instruments, sutures, and implants (if applicable) in a timely manner.
- Applies observation and specific knowledge to anticipate needs of the surgical team to produce a smooth case progression and completion.
- Acts as patient advocate, identifying patient and confirming that surgical site identification has been performed without discrepancy.
- Assumes professional responsibilities including timely arrival for assignments, timely response to on-call pages, and maintenance of room schedule.
- Ensures surgical specimens are handled correctly by accurate identification.
- Other duties as assigned
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing BSN preferred.
- Licensed as a registered nurse in the state of Ohio.
- BLS required
Complexity of Work:
- Maintains competencies specific to patient population served.
- Successfully completes mandatory clinical competencies annually.
- Requires full range of body motion including handling and lifting patient, manual and finger dexterity, and eye-hand coordination.
- Requires standing and walking for extended periods of time.
- Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range.
- Requires working under stressful conditions and irregular hours.
- Exposure to communicable diseases and/or body fluids.
- Medium Work - Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Physical Demand requirements are in excess of those for Light Work.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective equipment as required
By embracing and understanding the diversity EVERY ONE brings, Cleveland Clinic has created an inclusive culture that promotes innovation, growth, and new ideas. This has enhanced our ability to attract the best global talent to provide the best patient experience possible. Cleveland Clinic is pleased to be an equal employment/affirmative action employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. Smoke/drug free environment.