Physician - Interventional Gastroenterologist
Job posting number: #7159855 (Ref:10014784)
Posted: February 12, 2024
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Department of Medicine |City of Hope National Medical Center | Duarte, CA
City of Hope Medical Group Seeks an Interventional Gastroenterologist to Provide Services for our Duarte Campus
The Division of Gastroenterology at City of Hope is seeking applications for a full-time faculty position to join at the Assistant or Associate Professor level. We are seeking an interventional endoscopist who has completed an advanced endoscopy fellowship with skills in ERCP, EUS, advanced mucosal resection. The candidate will be ABIM board certified or eligible in Gastroenterology. The division of gastroenterology is currently made up of five full time faculty members and two advanced practice providers in an expanding division which provides a full range of diagnostic and therapeutic endoscopic interventions.
This position is a rare opportunity to work in a 450+ member integrated, multidisciplinary Medical Group Practice serving an NCI designated comprehensive cancer center in Southern California. City of Hope is an expanding institution in both numbers of patients per year as well as infrastructure investment in clinical, academic and research facilities.
- Join a dynamic group of gastroenterologists
- Services are presently confined to one site at the main campus
- Clinical effort will be divided between inpatient and outpatient services over 4.5 days
- ½ day dedicated time for academic, administrative, or teaching activities
MGMA competitive salary and benefits package. Our current benefits are:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, STD, LTD, AD&D, life, Malpractice, CME allowance, 20 days paid vacation, 3 personal days, 18 sick days, 7 holidays, and 10 CME days
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan: 20% of base salary not to exceed the plan (compensation limit of $305,000) and/or IRS annual compensation limit.
- Base Salary: $400k - $445k *The salary range listed is exclusively for base compensation for full-time employment and does not include incentive compensation or benefits. Actual compensation will be adjusted for experience, training, hospital/community need and other factors.
- Physicians working for City of Hope Medical Group are now eligible to apply for the Public Student Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) Program
- Relocation offered on a case-by-case basis
Who We Are:
City of Hope is dedicated to making a difference in the lives of people with cancer, diabetes, and other serious illnesses. Our mission is to transform the future of health care by turning science into a practical benefit, and hope into reality. We accomplish this by providing outstanding care, conducting innovative research and offering vital education programs focused on eliminating these diseases.
Founded in 1913, City of Hope is one of only 53 comprehensive cancer centers in the nation, as designated by the National Cancer Institute. City of Hope has been ranked among the nation’s “Best Hospitals” in cancer by U.S. News and World Report for 14 consecutive years. City of Hope (COH) is a leading research and treatment center for cancer, diabetes and other life-threatening diseases located in Duarte, California. Over the last 100 years, City of Hope has built a legacy in Duarte of being a world leader in cancer research, treatment, and prevention. Recently, the organization extended its reach beyond Duarte to include 37 community sites in Los Angeles, Orange, Riverside, and San Bernardino counties, steadily moving it to number one in Southern California for inpatient market share and pushing its capacity limits. In 2018, City of Hope began a transformational journey with ambitious goals in the areas of patient care, value-based care and precision medicine, hematology malignancies, stem cell transplants, and meaningful innovations and cures. Integral to the realization of these goals is the expansion of City of Hope to the Orange County market. Orange County has the ideal conditions for City of Hope to demonstrate its ability to expand its differentiated, niche services, including research, genetic capabilities and outstanding, subspecialty care.
Our community includes research associates, scientists, doctors, nurses, allied health professionals, graduate students, fundraising specialists, marketing professionals, volunteers and an extensive support staff. We are united by our desire to find cures, save lives and transform the future of health. Every discovery we make and every new treatment we create gives people the chance to live longer, better and more fully.
City of Hope continues to be a pioneer of patient centered care and remains committed to its tradition of exceptional care for patients, families and communities. Each day, we live out our credo:
"There is no profit in curing the body, if, in the process, we destroy the soul."
The City of Hope Environment:
We want our employees to enjoy all aspects of their professional and personal lives. Recognizing the value in diverse perspectives, we have programs that leverage engagement by bringing our professional community together. In the City of Hope environment, new employee partnerships thrive, with no barriers to freely sharing knowledge. And, in the same way we view patient care from a broad perspective, City of Hope encourages its employees, too, to enhance their view, by increasing their knowledge continually. Here at City of Hope, you will find great opportunities to provide fulfilling service, and to enjoy workplace satisfaction.
Sunny Southern California
- Enjoy year-round professional sports including NFL, NBA, WNBA, NHL, MLB, and MLS
- Unlimited housing options ranging from suburban to elegantneighborhoods in the heart of the city
- Enjoy miles of pristine beaches in areas such as Long Beach, Huntington, Laguna, Newport, Redondo and Santa Monica
- Home to UCSD, UCLA, UCI, USC, Cal Tech, and many other world class universities and colleges
- Our locations enjoy endless dining venues, shopping, world-class museums, galleries, concerts, and theaters
City of Hope is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
- Early to mid-career candidates encouraged to apply
- Active or eligible for California medical license
- ABIM board certification in Gastroenterology
- Completed an Advanced Endoscopy/Interventional Gastroenterology Fellowship
The estimated pay scale represents the typical [salary/hourly] range City of Hope reasonably expects to pay for this position, with offers determined based on several factors which may include, but not be limited to, the candidate’s experience, expertise, skills, education, job scope, training, internal equity, geography/market, etc. This pay scale is subject to change from time to time.
City of Hope is a community of people characterized by our diversity of thought, background and approach, but tied together by our commitment to care for and cure those with cancer and other life-threatening diseases. The innovation that our diversity produces in the areas of research, treatment, philanthropy and education has made us national leaders in this fight. Our unique and diverse workforce provides us the ability to understand our patients' needs, deliver compassionate care and continue the quest for a cure for life-threatening diseases. At City of Hope, diversity and inclusion is a core value at the heart of our mission. We strive to create an inclusive workplace environment that engages all of our employees and provides them with opportunities to develop and grow, both personally and professionally. Each day brings an opportunity to strengthen our work, leverage our different perspectives and improve our patients’ experiences by learning from others. Diversity and inclusion is about much more than policies and campaigns. It is an integral part of who we are as an institution, how we operate and how we see our future.