Research Associate II - Smidt Heart Institute (Marban Lab)
Los Angeles, CA
Job posting number: #7186494 (Ref:HRC1394752)
Posted: October 13, 2023
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Grow your career at Cedars-Sinai!
The Smidt Heart Institute reflects Cedars-Sinai's steadfast dedication to heart disease and research innovation giving patients access to the highest level of care. Year after year, thousands of people trust their hearts to Smidt Heart Institute at Cedars-Sinai. Our cardiologists, cardiac surgeons and niche care teams treat the full spectrum of heart disease and disorders, while our investigators continue to advance the field with groundbreaking, life-saving research. From genetic counseling and targeted drug therapies to a growing array of minimally invasive procedures, Cedars-Sinai continues to stand at the forefront of technology, innovation and discovery improving patient outcomes.
Join our team and use your skills with an organization known nationally for excellence in research!
Working under direct supervision, the Research Associate II performs routine and increasingly sophisticated laboratory tasks and procedures and develops technical expertise in one or more areas relevant to research projects. The Research Associate II will participate in research activities involving all aspects of the research process, to include, but not limited to; investigation, technical, testing/validation of results, and report findings. The Associate will perform a variety of routine experimental protocols and procedures to support the objectives of laboratory research projects. The Associate will observe and align with safety standards and procedures, assist in preparation of data for publication and/or presentation at scholarly meetings, and assist in general laboratory maintenance. This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
• Performs a variety of increasingly sophisticated experimental protocols and procedures and assist in the design of new sophisticated or unusual protocols and techniques.
• Keeps accurate and detailed records of experiments and results, and assist in identifying and troubleshooting of unexpected results.
• Orders laboratory supplies and supports laboratory operations.
• Maintains lab equipment and related records and may coordinate use of lab equipment.
• Assists in the operation of specialized equipment, as required by the area of research.
• Assists in preparation of data for publication and/or presentation at scholarly meetings.
• Observes and follows safety standards and procedures.
• Orients research laboratory assistants or lower level research associates and undergraduate student researchers on day-today lab operations and routine procedures.
Bachelor's Degree in Science Related Field required
Minimum of 1 year of research experience required. Preferribly in the following areas:
• In vitro immunological and cell viability or Cytotoxicity assays.
• Cell culture, including primary cell isolation and expansion. Experience with macrophage and T cell culture is a plus.
• Animal handling.
• Molecular biology and biochemical techniques.
• Confocal microscopy.
• Flow Cytometry.
Working in lab space.
Lifting, standing, sitting, pushing, pulling, kneeling, reaching, and handling.
Working Title: Research Associate II - Smidt Heart Institute (Marban Lab)
Department: Heart Institute Operations
Business Entity: Cedars-Sinai Medical Center
Job Category: Academic/Research
Job Specialty: Research Studies/Clinical Trials
Position Type: Full-time
Shift Length: 8 hour shift
Shift Type: Day
Base Pay:$21.26 - $36.14