Research Associate II - Ruf-Zamojski Lab - Division of Endocrinology, Diabetes, and Metabolism
Los Angeles, CA
Job posting number: #7186670 (Ref:HRC1398769)
Posted: October 13, 2023
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Are you ready to be a part of breakthrough research? Take action now by applying to this great opportunity!
Cedars-Sinai offers scientists unparalleled access to ground breaking technologies, facilities, and resources for conducting research related to an impressive range of diseases and disorders, from cancer, cardiology, and digestive diseases, to genetics, genomics, neurosciences, and women's health. You can continue your career journey with us!
The Research Associate II performs routine and increasingly complex laboratory tasks and procedures and develops technical expertise in one or more areas relevant to research projects. The incumbent will participate in research activities involving all aspects of the research process, to include, but not limited to; investigation, technical, testing/validation of results, and report findings. This position is responsible for performing a variety of routine experimental protocols and procedures to support the objectives of laboratory research projects, observes and follows safety standards and procedures, assists in preparation of data for publication and/or presentation at scholarly meetings, and assists in general laboratory maintenance. This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists in the design of new complex or unusual protocols and techniques.
- Keeps accurate and detailed records of experiments and results.
- Assists in identifying and troubleshooting of unexpected results.
- Orders laboratory supplies and supports laboratory operations.
- Maintains lab equipment and records and may coordinate use of lab equipment.
- Supports the operation of specialized equipment as required.
- Orients research laboratory assistants or lower level research associates and undergraduate student researchers on day-today lab operations and routine procedures.
- Bachelor's degree in a Science related field is required.
- 1 year of research laboratory experience is required.
Able to perform moderate lifting. Able to sit, stand and walk for prolonged periods of time. Able to read papers and online documents. Able to operate standard office equipment. Able to exercise physical ability and perspective acuity to satisfactorily perform essential job functions.
Working Title: Research Associate II - Ruf-Zamojski Lab - Division of Endocrinology, Diabetes, and Metabolism
Department: Home Dept - Melmed Lab
Business Entity: Cedars-Sinai Medical Center
Job Category: Academic/Research
Job Specialty: Research Studies/Clinical Trials
Position Type: Full-time
Shift Length: 8 hour shift
Shift Type: Day
Base Pay:$21.26 - $36.14