Assistant or Associate Professor of Learning Experience Design and Technology
University of Oklahoma, OKlahoma
Job posting number: #7187381 (Ref:if126242)
Posted: October 19, 2023
The Department of Educational Psychology in the Jeannine Rainbolt College of Education at the University of Oklahoma (OU) invites applications for a full-time, tenure-track Assistant or Associate Professor of Learning Experience Design and Technology.
The University of Oklahoma is a comprehensive flagship research institution with a student body of 35,000, that is committed to excellence in teaching, research, and professional service. The Department of Educational Psychology offers degree programs at the master's and doctoral levels in Learning Sciences (including the new Learning Experience Design and Technology (LXDT) and Science of Psychology, Data, and Research in Education (SPDRE) programs); Professional Counseling; and Special Education; and at the undergraduate level in Special Education with teacher certification.
We seek candidates with expertise in learning / instructional design and development, who are committed to addressing issues of access, accessibility, equity, and belonging in the design and development of learning environments. The successful candidate will teach required and elective courses related to the design, development, and evaluation of learning environments for engagement via in-person, online, or blended modes; advise and mentor graduate students; direct doctoral dissertations and serve on doctoral committees; develop or continue an impactful research agenda; and provide service to the department, college, university, profession, and community.
● Earned doctorate or completion of doctorate degree by August 1, 2024, in Learning Design and Technology / Instructional Design and Technology or a closely related field.
● Evidence of scholarly activity, such as publications in professional journals and presentations at national professional conferences.
● Evidence of willingness and ability to provide quality learning experiences and mentorship for graduate students.
● Experience teaching core learning / instructional design and development courses.
● Experience teaching elective / specialty courses related to learning / instructional design and development.
● Experience in designing and teaching in face-to-face, online, and hybrid modes.
● Strong grounding in theory, including learning theories and critical theories.
● Knowledge of models, strategies, tools, accessibility, and socio-cultural lenses in relation to instructional / learning design and technology.
● Expertise in any combination of a variety of current and emerging specialization areas including but not limited to: Learning Experience Design; Instructional Multimedia; Learning Management Systems; Project Management; Game-based learning; Immersive / Virtual / Augmented Reality; Design Based Research; User Experience Design; Instructional Message Design; Universal Design for Learning; Artificial Intelligence; etc.
● Experience working with varied student populations.
● Demonstrated commitment to the design and development of learning / instructional environments and materials that are accessible, equitable, and inclusive.
● Strong program of scholarly inquiry related to socially just learning design and technology.
● Evidence (or strong potential) of maintaining a rigorous research agenda.
● Demonstrated ability or potential to obtain external funding.
Candidates applying for appointment at the associate level are expected to provide evidence of research, teaching, and service at the level required for tenure at the University of Oklahoma.
Application review will begin November 30, 2023, and continue until the position is filled.
The position is a 9-month, tenure-track position, expected to begin August 2024.
Complete Applications include:
● Cover Letter – which may address examples of the candidate’s approach to teaching, accessibility, inclusive excellence, graduate mentoring, research, and service.
● Curriculum Vitae
● Up to 3 writing samples
● Unofficial graduate transcripts (official transcripts required if invited to interview)
● Names and contact information for three professional references.
All application materials should be submitted electronically via Interfolio using the following link: http://apply.interfolio.com/134457
Questions may be directed to:
Dr. Amy Bradshaw, Search Committee Chair, Email: [email protected]
Cathy Tsiao, Administrative Assistant, Department of Educational Psychology, Email: [email protected]