Sr Physical Therapist
Mayfield Hts, OH
Job posting number: #7193493 (Ref:ccf19438844)
Posted: November 13, 2023
Senior Physical Therapist
Hillcrest Hospital Outpatient
Enjoy working and providing care for a variety of patients at Rehabilitation and Sports Therapy departments located along I-271 and I-480. Case load will include primarily orthopedic, as well as a number of spine/general rehabilitation to provide a balance in skills and professional growth. An Orthopedic Certification Specialist or Spine Certification is highly desired to enhance our clinical practice and develop further treatment programs as part of our rehabilitation team. Flexibility to working hours is strongly desired.
Please state you specific interest in cover letter.
Plans, administers and oversees physical therapy programs to relieve pain, restore or enhance function and prevent disability following disease or injury.
- Supervises PTA'S, ATC'S, Rehab Aides, Secretarial support, Students, Volunteers and designates duties to the Team in accordance with State of Ohio guidelines.
- Maintains standards of care as set by the American Physical Therapy Association regarding procedures and professional ethics.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree. Graduate of an approved school of physical therapy.
- Current State license as Physical Therapist (PT) and current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification.
Complexity of Work:
- Within scope of job, requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment.
- 1 years of experience preferred.
- Ability to walk and climb stairs without assistive device and to maintain balance despite sudden load in order to support patient from falling.
- Ability to meet physical demands characterized at the heavy level defined by 1993 Leonard Matheson and Ministry of Labor.
- Ability to lift and reach with arms sufficiently to lift patient's arm and leg during therapeutic treatment program.
- Sensation of touch and manual dexterity to be able to palpate muscle tension or to monitor patient pulse.
- Visual acuity to observe patient's gross and fine motor movements in order to analyze these movements and to read all patient monitors.
- Ability to speak clearly enough to instruct patients and families.
- Ability to hear at a conversational level to understand patient's description of symptoms and response to treatment.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
By embracing and understanding the diversity EVERY ONE brings, Cleveland Clinic has created an inclusive culture that promotes innovation, growth, and new ideas. This has enhanced our ability to attract the best global talent to provide the best patient experience possible. Cleveland Clinic is pleased to be an equal employment/affirmative action employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. Smoke/drug free environment.