AMBULATORY PATIENT SUPPORT COORDINATOR
Job posting number: #7193925 (Ref:hlj_50536)
Posted: November 15, 2023
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
As the Ambulatory Patient-Care Coordinator, your main objective will be to create a welcoming and supportive environment for patients and visitors at all hospital campuses. You will be responsible for providing accurate information, guiding patients, and ensuring a smooth patient flow throughout the lobbies of all facilities. This role requires initiative, problem-solving skills, and the ability to foster collaboration between support services and nursing staff. Additionally, you will actively participate in patient experience initiatives to strengthen relationships between staff and patients.
The ideal candidate for this position should be capable of efficiently managing patient flow and supporting patient access functions as needed. You will also play a crucial role in designing strategies and improving processes for patient flow and lobby operations across all facilities.
Effective communication will be essential in this role, as it will help foster organizational alignment, enhance the patient experience, and promote a patient-centered environment across all hospital campuses. If you are passionate about creating a positive impact on patient care and enjoy working in a collaborative and dynamic environment, we encourage you to apply for the Ambulatory Patient-Care Coordinator position.
The Ideal Candidate:
- One year of healthcare experience is preferred.
- Bilingual in Spanish is a preferred skill.
- Associate’s Degree
- Provide accurate information and instructions to individuals, covering all hospital campuses.
- Maintain a consistently professional and positive demeanor when interacting with customers and colleagues.
- Handle multiple tasks efficiently in a fast-paced environment, including greeting, managing the information desk, coordinating patient needs, and effectively utilizing information technology systems.
- Coordinate the flow of patients, families, and caregivers across all facility lobbies, employing strong customer service skills and critical thinking.
- Execute essential job functions related to patient flow and, when needed, support patient access functions.
- Collaborate with leadership on short and long-term projects, such as developing waiting room spaces and coordinating new construction or remodeling efforts, ensuring alignment with practice requirements and optimizing patient flow.
- Evaluate patient flow, wait times, and operational processes (e.g., scheduling, registration, checkout, time to appointment, delays, etc.).
Credentials and Qualifications:
- High School Diplomat/GED
- At least two years of customer service experience, which includes handling customer inquiries or related experience. Alternatively, an associate degree can be substituted for the required experience.
- Excellent verbal, written, and listening skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Access, and web navigation.
- Strong business acumen.
- Demonstrated strong motivational skills.
- High degree of customer focus.
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems effectively.
- Proven skills in promoting customer satisfaction.
- Interpersonal skills for effective coordination with team members and faculty, fostering a collaborative working relationship in an interdisciplinary model.
Mission To create a Moﬃtt culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion as we strive to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Vision To advance and accelerate a culture of access, equity, and inclusion. Diversity is a priority at Moffitt and is meant "to promote a culture of diversity and inclusion as we contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer." The Enterprise Equity Department focuses its efforts on eliminating those obstacles to an individual’s ability to exist within their personal comfort zone at the cancer center. Everyone is important to meeting this priority. Addressing and responding to diversity and inclusion fosters an environment where mutual respect for diverse cultures, communication styles, languages, customs, beliefs, values, traditions, experiences and other ways in which we identify ourselves, is the expectation.