Surgical Technologist II-Per Diem
Job posting number: #7194106 (Ref:10023209)
Posted: November 17, 2023
Salary / Pay Rate: $30.21 - $45.32 / hour
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Surgical Technologist II-Per Diem
Join the transformative team at City of Hope, where we're changing lives and making a real difference in the fight against cancer, diabetes, and other life-threatening illnesses. City of Hope’s growing national system includes its Los Angeles campus, a network of clinical care locations across Southern California, a new cancer center in Orange County, California, and treatment facilities in Atlanta, Chicago and Phoenix. our dedicated and compassionate employees are driven by a common mission: To deliver the cures of tomorrow to the people who need them today.
We are seeking a Surgical Technologist II! In this role, you’ll be responsible for a range of technical tasks to assist surgical and/or endoscopic procedures. Your duties will include maintaining appropriate levels of supplies, cleaning and decontaminating equipment and instruments, and participating in initiatives to ensure compliance with regulations and readiness for surveys.
As a successful candidate, you will:
- Assist surgeons during operative/invasive procedure, assuring that necessary supplies, instruments, and equipment are ready and/or available and anticipates such needs.
- Maintain sterile techniques; actively monitors situations which could lead to breaches in sterile technique.
- Establish and maintains interpersonal relationships with patients, visitors and other hospital personnel, while assuring confidentiality of patient information.
- Maintain confidentiality of patient and unit care data.
- Participate in educational programs and in-service meetings. Serve as clinical mentor to others.
- Assist with care and maintenance of department equipment and supplies.
- Maintain and promotes clinical competence and expertise of self to ensure clinical excellence, patient safety and positive clinical outcomes.
Your qualifications should include:
- Post High School Vocational/Specialized Training
- Experience may substitute for minimum education requirements
- 3 years of experience scrubbing major and/or endoscopic cases in a hospital setting
- Current CST (Surgical/Endoscopic Technologist Certification) by appropriate accredited organization or Participate in a UBC/Work Group and provide 1 in-service per year.
- BLS through the American Heart Association
- Surgical/Endoscopic Technologist Certification, preferred
- Hourly Per Diem Rate: $39.6564
City of Hope is an equal opportunity employer. To learn more about our commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion, please click here.
Salary / Pay Rate Information:
Pay Rate: $30.21 - $45.32 / hour
The estimated pay scale represents the typical [salary/hourly] range City of Hope reasonably expects to pay for this position, with offers determined based on several factors which may include, but not be limited to, the candidate’s experience, expertise, skills, education, job scope, training, internal equity, geography/market, etc. This pay scale is subject to change from time to time.
City of Hope is a community of people characterized by our diversity of thought, background and approach, but tied together by our commitment to care for and cure those with cancer and other life-threatening diseases. The innovation that our diversity produces in the areas of research, treatment, philanthropy and education has made us national leaders in this fight. Our unique and diverse workforce provides us the ability to understand our patients' needs, deliver compassionate care and continue the quest for a cure for life-threatening diseases. At City of Hope, diversity and inclusion is a core value at the heart of our mission. We strive to create an inclusive workplace environment that engages all of our employees and provides them with opportunities to develop and grow, both personally and professionally. Each day brings an opportunity to strengthen our work, leverage our different perspectives and improve our patients’ experiences by learning from others. Diversity and inclusion is about much more than policies and campaigns. It is an integral part of who we are as an institution, how we operate and how we see our future.