Ophthalmic Assistant Non Certified ($2,500 Sign-On Bonus Eligible)
Job posting number: #7194124 (Ref:ccf19457606)
Posted: November 16, 2023
- Under direction of supervisor or physician receives and prepares patients for examination or treatment.
- Performs routine screening tests.
- Documents patient information in the patient medical record.
- Performs stocking, maintenance and other related duties as assigned, including maintaining exam rooms, equipment and supplies.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Successful completion of the written exam for Certified Ophthalmic Assistant.
- Recent graduate an Ophthalmic Technology Program (not yet COT certified).
- Certified Ophthalmic Assistant (COA) by Joint Commission on Allied Health Personnel in Ophthalmology (JCAHPO).
Complexity of Work:
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment, and the ability to work unsupervised or with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
- Minimum of 1 year experience providing direct patient care under the supervision of an Ophthalmologist.
- Manual dexterity to operate office equipment and PC.
- Ability to lift and transport up to 25 pounds.
- May require extended periods of standing, walking or sitting.
- Visual acuity, including the ability to distinguish colors.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
By embracing and understanding the diversity EVERY ONE brings, Cleveland Clinic has created an inclusive culture that promotes innovation, growth, and new ideas. This has enhanced our ability to attract the best global talent to provide the best patient experience possible. Cleveland Clinic is pleased to be an equal employment/affirmative action employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. Smoke/drug free environment.