Senior Radiology Technician Heart and Vascular
Job posting number: #7194125 (Ref:ccf19457966)
Posted: November 16, 2023
- Performs exams as directed by physician to ensure appropriate views of anatomy are taken that will facilitate an accurate diagnosis.
- Assists physician directly, utilizing sterile technique for all invasive procedures.
- Prepares patient for diagnostic procedures including pulse assessment and sterile field preparation.
- Participates in assessment and quality of equipment and daily operational supplies with the department Manager and makes recommendations accordingly.
- Able to take emergency call after hours and on weekends when the need for emergent procedures occur
- Competent in Radial, femoral, brachial, and arterial sheath pulls
- Efficient with team circulating, scrub role, reporting/recording systems, and xray equipment.
- Maintains adequate level of supplies and proficient with inventory management system.
- Notifies appropriate personnel to ensure proper maintenance of equipment.
- Remains abreast of current developments by attending related seminars and reviewing current literature.
- Assists in other areas of Heart and Vascular, if needed, if there is no other work in designated department .
- Conducts patient education and screening and scheduling.
- Complies with all Radiology Information System and PACS entry requirements for accurate patient, Images, supply, tracking monitors.
- Ensures the safety of patients, visitors, co-workers and self by using appropriate radiation and bloodborne pathogen precautions.
- Operates and maintains radiology equipment used for procedures.
- Processes, stores and controls quality of images.
- Assists with set up and execution of procedures and transportation of patients.
- Takes appropriate steps to ensure safety of patients and staff from radiology equipment.
- Inputs patient charges to update billing.
- Orders supplies as needed.
- Attends continuing education programs and completes mandatory training in order to maintain licensure, position specific ongoing competencies and professional growth.
- Follows hospital and department policies and procedures with special attention to attendance and punctuality, confidentiality, dress code and display of ID badge, and safety.
- Other duties as assigned
- Successful completion of approved School of Radiologic Technology program.
•Registered Technologist credentialed by The American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (R) (ARRT), in good standing required.
•Current state licensure (RL) required.
•Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required.
•Certification in Cardiovascular-Interventional Radiography: (R)(CV)(ARRT) preferred
Complexity of Work:
- Maintains competencies specific to patient population served.
- One to two years experience as a diagnostic technologist or one year experience in special procedures preferred.
- Requires standing and walking for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to lift or assist with lifting patients of varying weight and manipulate equipment daily.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective equipment as required
By embracing and understanding the diversity EVERY ONE brings, Cleveland Clinic has created an inclusive culture that promotes innovation, growth, and new ideas. This has enhanced our ability to attract the best global talent to provide the best patient experience possible. Cleveland Clinic is pleased to be an equal employment/affirmative action employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. Smoke/drug free environment.