Tools and Automation Engineer, Enterprise Systems
Job posting number: #7194381 (Ref:apl-200521195)
Posted: November 16, 2023
The people here at Apple don't just craft products - they build the kind of wonder that's revolutionized entire industries! It's the diversity of those people and their ideas that encourages the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it.
Apple’s Application Strategy and Engineering team is looking for a passionate Software Quality Engineer to contribute to design, analysis and certification of our support apps. We are looking for someone who is equally passionate about quality and using light weight processes to consistently achieve it. The role would also involve interacting with cross-functional engineering and product teams to test features, perform root cause analysis, and drive the quality of out customer's experience.
- 5+ years experience in software quality assurance testing. Experience as a team lead preferred.
- 5+ years experience testing iOS native and Safari-based web applications.
- Expertise with tools like Selenium, RestAssured, Protractor, Appium, XCode, Charles, Git etc.
- Proficiency in one or multiple languages such as Python, Java, Swift , Ruby etc.
- Proven bug detection and regression skills.
- Unparalleled written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to abstract technical conversations for non-technical stakeholders.
- Attention to detail. A passion to get the little things right.
The quality of Apple’s customer support experience, including consistent functionality, performance, and stability.
Understanding new and existing feature implementations in order to craft informed, robust testing charters.
Authoring test scenarios, scripts, and plans.
Executing functional, performance, and stability testing.
Write and review automation test scripts.
Identifying and reporting defects, inclusive of first-level root cause analysis and consistent steps to reproduce.
Championing quality efforts beyond test execution, including collaborating with test automation engineering teams, product management teams, and engineering program teams.
Education & Experience