Engineering Project Manager, SAP Landscape Modernization
Job posting number: #7194388 (Ref:apl-200519501)
Posted: November 16, 2023
Our SAP Global Systems Team is part of the Information Systems & Technology (IS&T) organization. Our organization builds key business and technical infrastructure at Apple serving our Business, Partners and Consumers. Our solutions power all Apple’s functions such as Finance, Sales, Retail, Services and Operations. We drive and implement the next gen technologies and tools from SaaS solutions, through iOS apps, through pioneering custom applications using artificial intelligence (ML, NLP), IoT, BlockChain.
We now have an immediate opening for a Functional Architecture and Governance lead who will bring the passion and dedication to drive a group of SAP Functional Project Managers, delivering the highest quality solutions in the P2P / Master Data space to our Business users!
The candidate will join a team that works closely with our functional IS&T and business teams to understand specific needs while reviewing and recommending scalable solutions for meeting those needs. The solution reviews and recommendations carried out by the team are not only to ensure the functional business requirements are satisfied, but are also to help ensure the solutions are globally scalable. We work to Apple’s validated software development and project management methodologies, and are based on established global design principles and guidelines.
- 8 years leading/handling distributed organizations, dealing with resources from different time zones (including offshore)
- Excellent organization skills, acute attention to detail, ability to balance multiple tasks in a always evolving, and sometimes ambiguous, environment
- 8+ years hands-on experience leading and delivering highly sophisticated, multi-functional programs from initiation to delivery in Master Data, Procure2Pay and Manufacturing space
- Hands-on experience in implementing SAP solutions in Materials Management, Supplier Collaboration, Master Data Management space
- Familiarity to SAP Ariba, SAP MDG, S/4 HANA with implementation experience is desirable
- Strong communication style with ability to collaborate with individuals at all levels
- Consistency in articulating thoughts and express ideas through written and/or verbal communication to internal partners, and customers
- Self starter with a strong work ethic and leadership traits who will be a role model to the team
- Excellent solution design experience and good understanding of industry trends and decision making agility
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and ability to articulate ideas in a clear and easy-to-understand way
- Validated collaborative approach to problem solving, strong influencer and motivator
- Know when to intervene and when to stand aside in support of the team, partners and clients, with goal always to produce the best for Apple.
The successful candidate will exceed in communication horizontally and vertically
Bring expertise in creative problem solving and skills to work on multiple items in parallel, handling expectations in a dynamic environment, all while maintaining a high quality of work
You will influence decisions with an outcome where everybody wins approach across multiple originations in an effort to achieve the best outcomes
Make presentations to senior leaders (Dir and above) on both Business and IT sides in order to pitch ideas and solutions
Be a collaborative partner with project delivery managers, Technical counterparts and business leadership
Demonstrate excellent judgment and integrity with the ability to make timely and sound decisions
Work closely with partners to identify new trends and new emerging SAP technologies, understand and evaluate their fit in Apple SAP landscape
Able to get into the details of technical solutions and business requirements as needed.
Education & Experience