Senior Software Engineer - Data Cloud
San Diego, CA
Job posting number: #7194390 (Ref:apl-200516354)
Posted: November 15, 2023
They will be working on new initiatives within the SWE Data Cloud team. The first project will be designing/building new services that integrate with open telemetry and act as a proxy to our data lake. They will also be working on data modeling and pipelines.
We use a mix of AWS, Snowflake, and internal services (Kube, Data Platform, Rio, Hybrid Cloud) to create scalable data lake and warehouse. The community part of the team is important because we are making some aspects of our systems "inner source" (i.e. open to other Apple-internal contributors).
- 5+ years experience designing scalable data systems or cloud services.
- Excellent programming skills in modern languages like Python, TypeScript, and Swift.
- Proficient in SQL with at least 2 years of experience using cloud data analytics platforms such as Snowflake, Redshift, or BigQuery.
- Demonstrated ability to define and implement team standards in operational and development processes, from initial launch to maintenance, incorporating CI/CD and automated testing.
- History of creating maintainable and well-documented tools in shared, open-source or internal codebases, showcased through examples or references.
IN YOUR ROLE AS A SENIOR ENGINEER YOU WILL:
- Create scalable solutions that enable other teams to be more productive with their data.
- Define operational mechanisms that allow our team to scale efficiently.
- Design and implement data modeling and governance strategies in Snowflake.
- Automate testing, data verification, and deployments using Pulumi, DBT, and other technologies.
- Create tools, services, docs, and frameworks that can be leveraged by multiple teams to simplify data ingestion.
- Develop high-performance data pipelines and services on AWS and internal cloud systems.
- Champion the refinement and adoption of standards for internal open source initiatives.
- Provide technical mentorship and contribute to hiring.
- Present technical designs and strategies to your team, customers, and leadership.
Here you’ll find that we are committed to excellence in software development, working alongside a team of highly skilled colleagues who are open to collaboration and knowledge sharing. We offer a relaxed work environment that promotes personal and professional growth. As our team is in the early stages of formation, you will have the opportunity to take the lead on several new initiatives.
Education & Experience
Pay & Benefits