Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), CA
Job posting number: #7194404 (Ref:apl-200520402)
Posted: November 15, 2023
The Apple Services Engineering (ASE) team builds and provides systems and infrastructure that fuel Apple's Services. These are the people who power the App Store, Apple TV, Apple Music, Apple Podcasts, Apple Books, and more. And they do it on a massive scale. They consistently exceed Apple’s high standards with high-performance solutions, delivering a diverse array of products in over 35 languages to more than 150 countries.
The ASE Production Support Engineering team is looking for an Escalation Engineer for troubleshooting, tracking, and resolving technical issues. This Engineer will play a vital role in technical troubleshooting for Apple’s customers, internal business partners, and strategic partners for all of Apple’s Media Services.
- Proven track record in solving problems within complex distributed applications
- High logical and critical thinking skills
- Demonstrated expertise in analyzing client and server-side logs
- Experience with log analysis tools, such as Splunk, is a huge plus
- Proficiency in scripting, such as Python, and server-side programming languages, such as Java, a plus
- Strong knowledge of SQL, relational database systems, and/or distributed SQL query engine (such as Oracle and Trino)
Collaboration with diverse engineering teams to prioritize and resolve issues will be a central aspect of your role. Acting as the problem manager for top issues, you'll communicate updates and estimated time of resolution to a broad audience, including senior leadership.
In addition to driving issue resolutions, you will contribute to the enhancement of operational efficiency. This involves developing exceptional tools, documentation, and refining processes to elevate the quality and speed of issue handling. Furthermore, your commitment extends to participating in On-Call duties and assisting during spikes in issues or when faced with time-critical situations.
Education & Experience
Pay & Benefits