Postdoctoral Scientist - Tatonetti Lab - Data-Driven Precision Pharmacology
West Hollywood, CA
Job posting number: #7194659 (Ref:HRC1162936A)
Posted: November 15, 2023
Join us as we translate today's discoveries into tomorrow's medicine!
The Postdoctoral Scientist in the Tatonetti Lab at Cedars-Sinai will create and lead research to improve drug safety by leveraging clinical and molecular data. In the Tatonetti Lab we use advanced data science methods, including artificial intelligence and machine learning, to investigate drug safety, drug-drug interactions, and cancer pharmacology. Using emerging resources, such as electronic health records (EHR) and genomics databases, we are working to advance the science of pharmacology with a focus on serving traditionally underrepresented populations.
To learn more, visit TLab – Data-Driven Drug Safety (tatonettilab.org).
Are you ready to be a part of breakthrough research?
Working independently but in close cooperation and in consultation with the Dr. Tatonetti and other Research Scientists, the Postdoctoral Scientist will perform routine and complex laboratory procedures throughout training period. May develop, adapt, and implement new research techniques and protocols. Analyzes and interprets data. May assist in preparation of grant proposals. Participates in publications and presentations as author or co-author. Not responsible for generating grant funds.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- May assist in the preparation of grant proposals, but is not responsible for generating grant funds.
- May participate in publications and presentations as author or co-author.
- Designs and performs experiments. Will keep appropriate experimental records and documentation and analyze the results with the PI.
- Analyzes, interprets, summarizes, and compiles data.
- Operates and maintains equipment and instruments.
- May observe MD-patient or MD-human research subject interactions as it pertains directly to the research being performed.
Doctorate (MD, PhD, VMD, or DDS) in area directly related to field of research specialization.
Experience and Skills:
- Acquires thorough technical and theoretical knowledge of research project and objectives during one to five (1-5) year post-doctoral appointment.
- Works independently on research projects designed by a mentor (typically the PI) within the area of specialization.
- Demonstrated aptitude to perform experimental protocols and procedures, including detailed data collection, and analysis, operation and maintenance of specialized equipment.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills are essential.
- Knowledge of safety standards.
Working Title: Postdoctoral Scientist - Tatonetti Lab - Data-Driven Precision Pharmacology
Department: Computational BioMedicine
Business Entity: Cedars-Sinai Medical Center
Job Category: Academic/Research
Job Specialty: Postdoctoral
Position Type: Full-time
Shift Length: 8 hour shift
Shift Type: Day
Base Pay:$64,500.00 - $93,600.00