Systems Software Engineering Manager, Platform Architecture
Job posting number: #7195021 (Ref:apl-200521234)
Posted: November 16, 2023
Do you love crafting elegant solutions to highly complex challenges? Are you a big-picture visionary who understands how each element affects all the others, but can also intrinsically see the importance in every detail? Our Platform Architecture group is responsible for connecting our hardware and software into one unified system. Join this team, and you’ll collaborate with engineers across Apple to build and deploy forward-looking prototype systems that contribute to the development of our world renowned hardware and software architecture.
You and your team will confirm that every product we make performs exactly as intended. Together, our work will be the reason millions of customers feel they can trust their devices every single day.
- Experience managing a systems/low level software development team
- Proven track record of successful and timely software product delivery with complex dependencies
- Demonstrated innovative, critical thinking and troubleshooting skills
- Excellent collaborative skills including written and verbal communication
- History of motivating teams to meet aggressive goals and innovate
- Genuine passion for low-level system engineering and hardware/software integration
- Excellent programming (C++/C) and scripting skills (Python). Assembly experience a plus.
- Proficiency with debugging large, complex system software.
- Experience developing and shipping low level system software
- Strong knowledge of simulation, ARM and X86 ISAs, SoCs, Operating Systems internals, device drivers and boot code.
- Lead a team of junior and senior software engineers.
- Define feature development scope and plan for successful product delivery.
- Manage several projects and conflicting priorities.
- Communicate status and progress clearly cross-functionally.
- Set expectations with Software, Architecture and Hardware stake-holders.
- Manage conflicting points of view.
- Balance high quality product delivery under extremely tight schedules while fostering long term innovation.
- Act as technical leader when design directions are unclear.
- Strengthen and grow the team by hiring and retaining top engineering talent.
Education & Experience