AIML - Machine Learning Engineer/Scientist, Siri Information Intelligence
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), CA
Job posting number: #7195162 (Ref:apl-200522291)
Posted: November 17, 2023
As part of this group, you will be doing large scale machine learning and deep learning to improve Query Understanding and Ranking of search and developing fundamental building blocks needed for Artificial Intelligence. This involves developing sophisticated machine learning models, using word embeddings and deep learning to understand the quality of matches, online learning to react quickly to change, natural language processing to understand queries, taking advantage of petabytes of data and signals from millions of users and combining information from multiple sources to provide the user with results that best satisfies their intent and information seeking needs.
You will also work with researchers and data scientists to develop, fine-tune, and evaluate domain specific Large Language Models for various tasks and applications in Apple’s AI powered products, also conduct applied research to transfer the cutting edge research in generative AI to production ready technologies.
- Experience in machine learning, deep learning, information retrieval, natural language processing or data mining
- Experience of prompt engineering, fine-tuning, evaluating, and developing data collection/annotation/management tooling for LLMs.
- Proficiency in one of following languages: Python, Go, Java, C++
- Excellent knowledge and good practical skills in major machine learning algorithms
- Excellent data analytical skills
- Good interpersonal skills and team player
- Analyzing search ranking and relevance requirements, issues and opportunities
- Developing, fine-tuning, and evaluating domain specific Large Language Models for various tasks and applications in Apple’s AI powered products
- Conducting applied research to transfer the cutting edge research in generative AI to production ready technologies
- Understanding product requirements, translate them into modeling tasks and engineering tasks
- Building machine learned models for search relevance, ranking and query understanding problems
- Integrating search functions into Apple products, such as Siri, Spotlight, Safari, Messages, Lookup, etc.
- Building end-to-end production system including query understanding and ranking to power search
- Utilizing Spark, Hadoop MapReduce, Hive, Impala to perform distributed data processing
Education & Experience
- Nice to have:
- * Experience with Large Scale Data-Mining and/or Machine learning are a plus
- * Experience Web Crawling is a plus
- * Experience with ML and LLM model inference optimization is a plus
Pay & Benefits