SWE - Software Engineer, CoreOS Kernel
London, United Kingdom
Job posting number: #7195163 (Ref:apl-200523081)
Posted: November 17, 2023
The Darwin team focuses on key kernel technology areas such as IPC, process management, device drivers, and security which are key to delivering great performance and user privacy across all Apple devices. This position requires a solid understanding of operating systems fundamentals, including kernel design and implementation. We deal in all of the traditional kernel subsystems, e.g. virtual memory, scheduling, IPC, etc, and also serve as expert system sleuths up and down the entire Apple stack. Our company is one of the last vertically integrated systems shops remaining, and as such our engineers have the unique opportunity to roam the system freely, from iOS silicon design all the way up to Apps and the cloud.
- 5+ years of professional experience working on low level systems or devices
- Solid understanding of Operating System implementation fundamentals
- Proficient with C
- Basic computer architecture
NICE TO HAVE SKILLS:
- iOS or macOS exposure
- Device drivers
- Proficiency with ARM assembly language
- Apple’s most important resource, our soul, is our people. Apple benefits help further the well-being of our employees and their families in meaningful ways. No matter where you work at Apple, you can take advantage of our health and wellness resources and time-away programmes. We’re proud to provide stock grants to employees at all levels of the company, and we also give employees the option to buy Apple stock at a discount — both offer everyone at Apple the chance to share in the company’s success. You’ll discover many more benefits of working at Apple, such as programmes that match your charitable contributions, reimburse you for continuing your education and give you special employee pricing on Apple products. Apple benefits programmes vary by country and are subject to eligibility requirements. Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities.