Software Engineering Manager - Privacy Engineering
Job posting number: #7195164 (Ref:apl-200523395)
Posted: November 17, 2023
At Apple, we’ve always believed that your data belongs to you and no one but you. That’s why we’re dedicated to helping you safeguard your privacy and keep data under your control. We’ve pioneered technologies that safeguard user privacy and introduced dozens of features that help keep your data safe, ranging from strong encryption in services like iMessage, to requiring user permission for apps to access your data, to on-device processing and machine learning that powers features like Memories in Photos.
We are looking for an outstanding leader to manage privacy engineers who work with teams all across the company to identify privacy risks, design architectures and mitigations that reduce the exposure of user data. Lead your team to identify emerging threats and partner with other engineering teams to design and deliver the next generation of privacy preserving features to address them. Your team will have broad impact by providing and scaling privacy analysis, mentorship, and expertise across many Apple feature areas.
- Proven track record to lead impactful engineering teams
- Strong technical background and ability to communicate sophisticated technical, logical, or process issues in a timely, concise, and objective manner
- Significant background in privacy
- Superb interpersonal skills, with a track record of being able to influence multi-functional teams and leaders, and develop and maintain relationships across and between organizations
- Demonstrated ability to make considered recommendations for trade-offs in a rapidly changing environment
- Actively contribute to the larger organization’s culture and processes, working with your peers
Education & Experience
Pay & Benefits