Modem Systems Software Architect
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), CA
Job posting number: #7195166 (Ref:apl-200520108)
Posted: November 17, 2023
- Consistent track record in specifying, implementing, and productizing wireless systems.
- Familiarity with 3GPP specifications, 3GPP contribution processes to be able to evaluate changes and make recommendations for SW to make our wireless product user experience even better.
- Demonstrated experience in several of the following areas related to wireless systems: Applying AI/ML techniques to specific problem statements; creating system abstractions and simplifications that allow rapid validation of research hypotheses; setting and refining system requirements to create solutions for prototype design, sub-component design, and validation; understanding product and application layer architectures in conjunction with deep hands-on knowledge of cellular systems.
- Deep technical expertise in at least one or more of the following areas: 5G NR modem design and 3GPP standards; cellular and wireless networks; cellular product design and prototyping; RF system architectures; performance optimization in cellular networks; partitioning systems between SW, HW & FW; AI-driven wireless modem and system design.
- Prior hands on experience with building complex systems solutions which can be handy to make decisions for partitioning systems between HW, SW, FW will be critical for this role.
- Excellent communication and leadership skills, ability to work with cross functional teams including: standards, systems engineering, hardware, software and firmware. Experience in leading multi-disciplinary engineering teams by technical expertise.
A deep understanding of wireless systems, network architectures, and user applications and services is required. Experience with technical planning and leading cross-functional system programs, building prototypes, and co-operating with internal and external partners is highly desired.
Education & Experience
Pay & Benefits