GPPA Regional Lead - APAC
Japan Field, Japan
Job posting number: #7195276 (Ref:pf-4900949)
Posted: November 21, 2023
- Develop and manage strategic policy initiatives to support Pfizer’s business in Asia Pacific.
- Develop and implement innovative policy strategic platforms to support Pfizer’s business areas, including but not limited to creation of broader industry coalitions and platforms to advance Pfizer’s objectives.
- Serve as thought partner to the Cluster and Country Presidents and commercial leaders in anticipating and assessing the impact of the external policy environment on business strategy and provide strategic counsel in business planning decisions (operating plan, business reviews and business development).
This position will report to the GPPA Global Markets Lead (Marta Diez).
- Strategic planning and implementation
- Proactively assesses trends, policies and identifies key opportunities and threats.
- Prepares informational materials for management, highlighting opportunities and potential threats and develops responsive strategies where such developments could impact business operations.
- Utilizes Pfizer corporate policy positions to develop targeted political strategies and action plans.
- Develop, communicate, and implement a macro-level strategic plan that effectively shapes the environment to create a favorable operating environment for Company.
- Leverage insights and knowledge to create a vision for the future and position Company as a preferred partner.
- Prioritizes and drives both long-term and short-term opportunities.
- Coordinates, leads, and participates in advocacy functions at relevant trade and industry associations.
- Establishes, maintains and consistently leverages networks with policy makers, think tanks, local embassies, US Chambers, Business Councils and other organizations to advance Pfizer’s strategic priorities and ensure Pfizer’s position is reflected in advocacy materials.
- Develop briefing materials for meetings including goals and metrics. Ensure meeting follow-up including documentation as needed.
- Works with the Cluster and Country Presidents to develop and implement new strategies in response to policy platforms of elected officials.
- Appropriately and effectively tailors Company Global and/or Regional policy positions to local market dynamics.
- Champions the Company policy agenda through active participation in industry groups and associations.
- In collaboration with External Communication colleagues, communicates on key topics such as IP, health reform, access to medicines, pricing, trade agreements, etc. through the development of briefing notes, position papers, talking points, as well as relevant correspondence, proposals and presentations.
Business Unit Policy
- Works in partnership with the Global Policy teams and local cross functional teams and leads the development of innovative policy strategies that proactively shape the environment for launch of new assets.
- Adapt and implement global BU-level policy strategies and tactics to support access to Company products address the patient affordability challenge.
- Working in partnership with the Global Patient Advocacy team effectively develops relationships and engage with patient groups to both integrate their perspective in our policy strategy and to provide industry thought leadership to support their goals in shaping policy to support patient access.
- Serves as key thought partner to Cluster and Country Presidents in assessing the impact of the external policy environment on business strategy. Provide strategic counsel in business planning decisions including but not limited to operating plan discussions and business reviews.
- Coordinates and prepares the LT for external engagements.
- Ensures that the local management team understand the impact of Policy/CA activities and role in supporting the BU commercial goals.
- Maintain strict compliance with all applicable policies and laws, especially those related to interactions with government officials.
- Must have a minimum of 15 years of experience in public policy, strategy or consulting related to policy, government relations, and/or corporate affairs.
- Bachelor degree required. Advanced Degree in health/public policy, international affairs, political science, and/or law preferred
- A minimum of 5 years of team leadership experience required
- Deep knowledge of healthcare policy and pharmaceutical pricing and reimbursement issues.
- Excellent knowledge of the local healthcare system and its major players and decision-makers.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and execute effective, innovative and practical policy/public affairs and policy solutions and comprehensive plans that deliver results.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and deploy appropriate “public affairs and policy” tools (advocacy, lobbying, stakeholder engagement plans).
- Strong understanding of business strategy and key drivers of commercial success
- Highly skilled at anticipating, identifying, and addressing emerging issues and related risks that could impact Pfizer’s business
- Strong ability to develop networks with key stakeholders. Skilled at advocacy influence within internal/external matrix organizations. Skilled at navigating complex environments through range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong executive presence and interpersonal acumen, highly substantive and collaborative.
- Demonstrated ability to succinctly convey relevant information at the right time and with the proper context and seek input as needed
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Excellent command of English language. Fluent in English.
NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
Work Location Assignment: Flexible
Pfizer is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates.Public Affairs & Communication
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.