Gulf Cluster Lead & Country Manager
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Job posting number: #7195287 (Ref:pf-4901014)
Posted: November 21, 2023
The Cluster Lead Gulf position is the external face and voice of Pfizer Gulf with our most senior stakeholders: Government, Trade Associations, Media and Payers. This role supports the entire Pfizer Gulf business by working to influence the business environment externally for success across the Pfizer portfolio across UAE, Qatar, Bahrain, Oman and Kuwait.
The candidate in this position will devote a large proportion of his/her/their time to the internal leadership of the Gulf Cluster in-country organization, championing a One Pfizer mindset, ensuring we maximize execution against our strategic imperatives by leading market access activities for our new medicines across our broad range of therapeutics and vaccines. This position will also seek to simplify our organization through improving the team ethos and removing unnecessary bureaucracy.
This position will have direct accountability for driving double digit growth for the Gulf Cluster and preparing the market for launches, while proactively managing the P&L and revenue responsibility for the overall business.
The Cluster Lead for the Gulf will lead, manage and develop the business to achieve its strategic goals, financial objectives and deliver breakthroughs that change the lives of patients by:
- Being accountable to lead the transformation journey in Pfizer Gulf to become a science-based, innovative, and patient-focused organization.
- Playing a leadership role in shaping the industry, working proactively to influence external policy and the healthcare environment to address the healthcare needs of the countries within the Gulf.
- Inspiring and facilitating the culture change to reimagine new ways of work in alignment with Pfizer’s core values, global strategies and doing business with integrity.
The organization has over approximately 90 full time colleagues and around XX UAE contractors across all functions managed by a third party vendor. It’s revenue achievement for 2023 is USD 216M (+12%), with a target of USD 237 M in 2024 (+11%).
Leadership of external environment & Pfizer Stakeholders, e.g.
- External reputation & business environment strategy in collaboration with all Pfizer Groups/BUs.
- Assessment of market business risks/health care opportunities.
- Leads market access negotiations for negotiations that span the portfolio when there are cross- BU implications being representative of Pfizer.
- Committee leadership of industry boards, advocacy and preparation of position papers.
- Aligns market access strategic and commercial strategies across BU to ensure interest of One Pfizer prevails over individual BU interests at the customer interface.
Leadership of internal environment, Pfizer colleagues & culture, e.g.
- Implementation and maximization of new structure post 2023.
- Driving alignment on key One Pfizer issues/activities & seeking synergies/resolving internal BU/Group disputes.
- Continued creation of an environment where diversity is welcome and recognized as a source of innovation, performance and joy.
- Co-championing wellbeing and welfare of colleague initiatives to support the Pfizer values of Joy, Equity, Excellence and Courage.
- Chairing Pfizer Legal Entity board(s).
- Ensuring of a compliance-focused “Winning the Right Way” business approach.
Leadership of revenue, P&L achievement and compliance, e.g.
- Achieving in country revenue targets and P&L objectives for the Gulf.
- Maximizes the in-country portfolio of the Gulf Cluster BU, and manage daily operations of the business and appropriate business development opportunities in conjunction with the Business Development team.
- Line leadership for Gulf colleagues, Country Health and Value, Corporate Affairs (including Communications), Digital, Payers Account Management and Commercial Operations platform functions.
Leadership & Oversight:
- Legal Entities representative.
- Gulf Management Forum.
- One Pfizer activities and governance.
- Country Health and Value, Corporate Affairs (including Communications), Digital, Payers Account Management and Commercial Operations platform functions.
- Oversight and coordination of Group/BU and Enabling Functions convening meeting as required in a timely, transparent way.
- Partnership with Medical Group including local co-ordination of resources.
Key interactions & Team Memberships:
- Membership / leadership positions within government bodies, pharma / industry associations, external alliances, KOL’s, patient groups.
- MERA LT membership.
FINANCIAL ACCOUNTABILITY/RESOURCES MANAGED
- Budget Responsibility USD 237 Million projected revenues for 2024.
- Number of reports Pfizer Employee(s): 8
- Geographic Scope Gulf countries: UAE, Qatar, Bahrain, Oman and
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree. Business Management degree is an advantage.
- Experience as a Cluster Lead &/or Country Manager is preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years commercial work experience with preference in a MNC within the healthcare industry across multi Therapeutic Area and or Brand portfolio at.
- Experience at Local, Regional & Global level preferred, between Emerging- and Developed Markets.
- Broad knowledge and experience of a relevant healthcare and pharmaceutical environment.
- Experience in leading the improvement of access through expanded and novel payer partnerships.
- Proven creation and rightsizing flexible organizations to reflect market changes.
- Significant experience working with the government and payers is highly preferred.
- Ability to build and lead high performing teams while maintaining highest integrity.
- Direct management experience (leader of leaders) as well as accountability for revenue and full P&L.
- Proven ability to influence across a range of diverse stakeholders.
- Track record of successfully leading organizational change.
- Preferred international experience and dealing with multicultural teams.
- Proficient in written and spoken English.
TECHNICAL SKILLS REQUIREMENTS
- Pfizer Senior Leader Competencies.
- Managing and coaching in a matrix environment.
- Entrepreneurial mindset.
- Commercial and marketing acumen and skills (e.g., negotiating skills, sales force management, etc.).
- Strong commercial and marketing acumen spanning multiple markets (e.g., negotiating, sales for management, knowledge of various access environments, etc.).
- Analytical thinking.
- Managing complexity (across brands, markets, functions, cultures).
- Building and leading high performance teams.
- Considered risk understanding / taking.
- Enterprise leader mentality.
- Change Leadership - Risk taking / Judgement / Innovation.
- Strong collaborator within and outside the Gulf Cluster.
- Acts decisively in complex and fast-moving environment.
- Commits to “One Pfizer” and Bold move organization imperatives.
This job is available for relocation.
Pfizer Gulf is an equal-opportunity employer, and we are proud of our commitment to creating a diverse and inclusive candidate pool to support and empower our workforce.
We strive to ensure that our people are heard, seen and cared for by creating an environment that fosters inclusion and inspires colleagues to speak up to promote an engaging and inclusive culture where they can thrive.
Our diverse workforce represents the patients we serve and the communities in which we operate.
We look forward to reviewing your application and thank you for your interest.Mkt & Sales/Commercial Bus#LI-PFE
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.