Software Engineering Manager, PLM Skillset
Job posting number: #7195317 (Ref:apl-200523088)
Posted: November 20, 2023
In this position, you’ll lead our technology team and work closely with key business stakeholders to build an enterprise PIM platform that enables Product innovation and Collaboration across Apple’s product value chain.
We are looking for someone with extensive experience building and delivering large scale, on-premise, and cloud-based enterprise solutions. This individual should have sound technical knowledge, management & leadership skills. A great candidate will create a collaborative work environment that fosters autonomy, transparency, innovation, and learning.
- 10+ years of Software Engineering experience, including 6+ years of experience managing engineering teams
- 5+ years of demonstrable experience building and maintaining large scale, distributed systems.
- Experience developing enterprise applications using Java/J2EE, including Web Services (e.g., RESTful, SOAP), Spring Framework and SpringBoot, and ORM (e.g. Hibernate).
- Experience in building, developing, and managing highly effective engineering teams
- Experience leading system design, integration, and deployment in a complex, integrated environment
- Experience with micro-services architectures and container-based deployment (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes)
- Experience with Relational Database Management Systems (RDBMS) and SQL, as well as multi-modal NoSQL databases, including DocumentDB and GraphDB
- Excellent communication, leadership, and presentation skills
Our team enables our business partners to shape products that delight and inspire millions of Apple’s customers every day. You will partner with stakeholders to understand business requirements, understand their challenges, work through issues, and provide solutions that can be adopted widely. Build innovative applications and custom solutions with a heightened focus on the security of data content.
Education & Experience
- Experience with Extraction, Transformation, and Load (ETL) technologies, data replication, and event streaming.
- Experience with Cloud solutions, like Infrastructure as Code (e.g. CloudFormation), Configuration as Code (e.g. Ansbile), Elastic Computing, Virtual Private Clouds (VPCs)