Big Data Engineer, Enterprise Systems
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), CA
Job posting number: #7195318 (Ref:apl-200523476)
Posted: November 19, 2023
At Apple, new insights have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Are you passionate about developing data platforms in Cloud? Do you have it in you to be part of a fast paced growing environment with many exciting responsibilities? If so, Apple’s Global Business Intelligence (GBI) team is looking for highly motivated, detail oriented, technical savvy professionals who like to think creatively!
- 5+ years of programming experience Java, Scala or Python
- In-depth knowledge of Spark, Ray or other distributed computing frameworks
- Understanding of SQL query engines like Trino, Hive etc.
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes or EKS
- Experience with debugging issues on distributed systems.
- Knowledge of software engineering practices and standard methodologies for the full software development lifecycle
- Experience with public cloud (AWS/GCP)
- Have created frameworks to deploy platforms in AWS/Azure/GCP.
- Good understanding of AI/ML stack - GPUs, MLFlow, LLM models is plus.
- Experience in building, tuning, scaling, and monitoring applications to process real-time, near-real-time and batch data
- Understanding of data modeling, data warehousing, and ETL concepts is a plus
You are able to communicate effectively, both written and verbal, with technical and non-technical multi-functional teams. You will interact with many other teams to lead and deliver best-in-class products in an exciting fast-paced environment. Dynamic, inquisitive people and inspiring, innovative technologies are the norm here. Will you join us in crafting solutions that do not yet exist?
Education & Experience
Pay & Benefits