Experienced Software Engineer
Job posting number: #7195476 (Ref:416853)
Posted: November 22, 2023
Full time remote is an option.
You must be a citizen of the United States to apply for this position.
The Enterprise Software Solutions department at Argonne National Laboratory invites you to join our team in a learning and collaborative environment.Â We are responsible for supporting the Laboratoryâ€™s enterprise software to further the mission of the lab.
We are seeking a senior level software engineer to work on our Platform Scrum team. This team owns the responsibility for developing and supporting features and operational process on our service management platform, ServiceNow.
ServiceNow experience is beneficial, but not a requirement. Â We are fully committed to training individuals who are new to ServiceNow and want to take on the challenge of learning this robust and ubiquitous platform.
The successful candidate will have a proven record of requirement analysis, problem solving, and solution design, and will be able to use those skills to create new solutions or revise existing ones.
In addition, the candidate must demonstrate an ability to work well with a team by exhibiting strong collaboration skills, team and customer focus, and an ability to work with senior management â€“ all in a very dynamic environment.Â The position requires learning agility, perseverance, and strong communication skills.
Your level of experience in the required skills should be consistent with your years of experience in software development
- Experience with application development on modern platforms with a logical mindset and problem-solving skills
- Experience with database development
- Experience in software development life cycle,Â including software testing and debugging
- Proven ability to produce secure, reliable, and extendable code
- User-oriented outlook
- Ability to understand and follow organizational best practices and standards
- Strong service orientation, with the ability to work effectively in a customer-focused service environment
- Highly responsive
- Self-directed and self-motivated
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills including the ability to initiate and foster collaborative relationships
- AbilityÂ to provide production support for both locally written and vendor-suppliedÂ business software
- Ability to model Argonneâ€™s Core Values: Impact, Safety, Respect, Integrity, and Teamwork
Experience in any of these skills is advantageous to the position
- Application development in ServiceNow, or similar
- Advanced knowledge of Agile and Scrum
- Advanced knowledge of web services development, such as REST or SOAP
- Considerable knowledge of service management systems
- Working knowledge of ITIL best practices
Successful candidates for this position typically, but not always, have the following profile:
- PT3: Bachelorâ€™s degree or equivalent and 9-15 years of experience
- PT4: Bachelorâ€™s degree or equivalent and 15 or more years of experience
Job FamilyProfessional Technical (PT)
Job ProfileApplications Development 3
Time TypeFull time
As an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer, and in accordance with our core values of impact, safety, respect, integrity and teamwork, Argonne National Laboratory is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace that fosters collaborative scientific discovery and innovation. In support of this commitment, Argonne encourages minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities to apply for employment. Argonne considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to age, ancestry, citizenship status, color, disability, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Argonne employees, and certain guest researchers and contractors, are subject to particular restrictions related to participation in Foreign Government Sponsored or Affiliated Activities, as defined and detailed in United States Department of Energy Order 486.1A. You will be asked to disclose any such participation in the application phase for review by Argonne's Legal Department. Â
All Argonne offers of employment are contingent upon a background check that includes an assessment of criminal conviction history conducted on an individualized and case-by-case basis. Â Please be advised that Argonne positions require upon hire (or may require in the future) for the individual be to obtain a government access authorization that involves additional background check requirements. Â Failure to obtain or maintain such government access authorization could result in the withdrawal of a job offer or future termination of employment.
Argonne is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity in our workforce. As an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer, Argonne National Laboratory is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace that fosters collaborative scientific discovery and innovation. In support of this commitment, Argonne prohibits discrimination or harassment based on an individual's age, ancestry, citizenship status, color, disability, gender, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.